Build Your Confidence and Skills for Your Future as a CFP® Professional
Now in its third year, the FPA Virtual Externship is one of the best ways for students, career changers and new financial planners to see financial planning in action. This unique program will help you:
- Build your skillset as a CERTIFIED FINANICAL PLANNER™ professional
- Find your career path in the profession
- Earn 180 hours of work experience to apply towards the CFP® certification experience requirement
The eight-week program will be held from June 6 through July 29. Registration is open until May 27.
About the Externship
The Externship is an intensive, 100% online program takes the best parts of an internship, like learning from experts and “getting your hands dirty,” and multiplies the effect, enabling you to:
- Peek behind the curtain and see over 25 firms and experts at work
- Do the work yourself, with over 20 deliverables and processes from experts
- Sit in on financial planning meetings, with a real planner and real clients
What You Will Learn
The curriculum will focus on specific areas of financial planning and will be led by practitioner mentors who will provide their unique view of financial planning. The following topics will be covered:
- Investment Planning
- Insurance and Risk Management Planning
- Cash Flow Planning
- Student Loan Planning and College Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Tax Planning Estate Planning
- Navigating Your Career
- Real-world Applications for Planning Software
Externs will access a library of recorded lessons that dive deep into unique approaches to financial planning, plus get real-world assignments, in-depth tutorials, walkthroughs, and live office-hour opportunities with top financial planners. Also, this year, Externs will get an inside look at real client meetings and planner/client relationships.
How to Register
The FPA Virtual Externship is $199 for FPA members. To learn more and register, visit www.FPAExternship.org. Program applicants can also apply for an FPA Virtual Externship Scholarship through the Externship website.