We want to invest in our Associates and challenge them in their professional development. We work to ensure career path opportunities within our organization. Here you will be able to expand your knowledge and reach your professional goals by starting as an Intern. From here you will learn the very basic foundations of our financial planning and investment management organization. You will learn how to provide exceptional client servicing skills and technical skills that will aide you in any path you choose. We are committed to helping you grow as an individual and professional in this industry.
What We Need From You
All we ask is that you are just as committed to your own growth and the growth of the organization as we are! Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced—and friendly—financial planning office. Assist financial advisor and team in delivering a unique client experience that defines and differentiates the practice. This role provides direct client relationship support through interacting directly with clients to ensure an exception client experience.
- Set up and maintain client management system and data entry.
- Maintain advisors’ calendar by calling clients or prospects to set up meetings or appointments.
- Answer unsolicited calls from prospects to schedule appointments or refer to advisor.
- Write notes or letters to clients on personal letterhead of administrative nature only and handle client appreciation.
- Conduct meeting preparation as directed by financial advisors.
- Manage and resolve client service problems.
- Work with home office to ensure accurate account setup and resolve issues.
Qualities of a Successful Financial Planning Assistant:
- Direct attention to detail and organization.
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff.
- Effective and efficient time management.
- Polite and clear phone manner.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor’s practice.
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow.
- High School Diploma (Required)
- Enrolled in 4 Year Undergraduate Program
- Willingness to earn Securities registrations, including SIE, Series 7, Series 66, and State life, accident and health insurance licenses. (Potential Sponsorship)
About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
Job Type: Part-Time/ Full-time (25-40 Hours)
Pay: From $15-20/Hour