At Wipfli Financial, we see things differently. We opened for business in 1999 with a mission to make objective, fiduciary-focused financial advice available to the experienced and the everyday investor. More than two decades later, we’ve taken this mission across the country to help individuals and families feel confident in their financial future.
The Senior Financial Advisor assumes the lead role in servicing our largest and most sophisticated clients (“A” clients), along with mentoring Financial Advisors and Associate Advisors in serving clients and developing leadership skills to support the long-term growth of the firm. In addition, the “SFA” is a regional and firm leader, responsible for leading strategic business development initiatives, generating new, ideal clients, advancing our integrated services model, growing the regional team and supporting larger firm initiatives.
To grow the region by gaining and retaining great people and great clients. To provide an exceptional client experience that delivers high-value to the client and is profitable for the firm. To run a well-organized region that meets designated metrics and new business goals and adheres to our firm-wide processes and service offering.
- Retention of the region’s top clients. Ensure all “A” clients are being contacted at the appropriate times and that their financial and investment plans are always up-to-date.
- Lead relationship management for “A” clients. This includes running client meetings, discussing and presenting complex portfolio issues, including concepts like expected return, efficient markets, asset class relationships, mutual funds vs ETF's, and other investment related topics.
- Lead discussions on current world economics and capital markets topics and related issues.
- Communicate with clients regarding critical issues, including fees and value proposition, referrals, major financial or family matters, investment account implementation, rebalancing, and tax-loss harvesting, etc.
- Responsible for developing, with FA’s and Associates, a comprehensive and appropriate Financial Plan. Present and/or field any questions. Ensure plan is updated, as need.
- Understand and present mid to advanced financial, tax, and estate planning concepts.
- Lead resolution of significant service issues with clients.
- Meet with RPS trustees to review their retirement plan, investment changes, key plan statistics, and potential rule changes.
- Coach and supervise team members’ delivery of RPS participant education in both group and one-on-one settings.
- Responsible for ensuring all compliance items are up to date and delivered by the supporting staff (e.g. Investment Policy Statement (IPS), ADV, Privacy Notice, Proxy Voting Policy, etc).
- Business development
- Attain designated business development goals by sourcing and successfully engaging new clients.
- Develop productive referral sources both inside Wipfli and outside the firm.
- Develop referral networks and garner visibility in the community for the region.
Regional management and mentoring
- Knowledge of client meeting preparation, internal processes, and financial planning job responsibilities. Actively train junior staff on our full client process.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to Financial Advisors, Associates, and Interns to support their professional and personal development.
- Manage the region’s financials and business development goals per firm metrics and/or objectives.
- Proactively plan for the region’s staffing needs. Actively participate in attaining and developing top talent.
- Actively engage in the general leadership of the firm by supporting strategic imitative and/ or partnering with firm leadership to drive innovation and growth.
- Core Competencies
To land this job, you will need to have previous experience within the financial services industry (a minimum of five years is preferred) and hold the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation or a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) designation. Other advanced designations are a plus.
- Strong client relationship management skills. Is dedicated to meeting the needs and requirements of clients; gains trust and confidence of clients, prospective clients, and centers of influence.
- High attention to detail and accuracy. Diligent and timely follow-through on client tasks.
- Ability to delegate appropriately and utilize the time and strengths of each team member efficiently.
- Intellectually curious; seeks to continuously develop strong knowledge of all elements of financial planning and our investment approach.
- Understanding of and adherence to our investment philosophy, code of ethics, and regulatory compliance. Ability to present and articulate our approach and investment recommendations to clients in a manner that is simple and clear and results in strong understanding and peace-of-mind of clients.
- A relentless drive and ambition to improve.
- Confidence in your abilities.
- Humility, an understanding that we succeed and fail as a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills; natural ability to build rapport with team members and clients; relates well to all kinds of people.
- Practices attentive and active listening; possesses the ability to empathize and can accurately reflect client’s concerns and needs.
- Composure and professionalism; highly professional and mature, particularly in client interactions.
- Relationship Building with CPA partners and COIs. Ability to articulate our service model, value-add and investment approach.
- Business Development; ability to independently generate leads and successfully engage new, ideal clients.
- Exhibits the company’s FRIGATE Core Values:
- Produces quality work in a timely manner.
- Displays honesty, respect, and integrity in all interactions and maintains integrity of confidential business information
- Seeks to provide outstanding service to clients and never leaves urgent client work unfinished
- Is truly a team player—sharing information freely, reaching out for help, and offering assistance when needed. Engages in open communication and develops good working relationships.
- Actively seeks training and professional growth
- Demonstrates professionalism, commitment to the job, and loyalty to the organization.
- Strives to independently seek solutions to problems and suggests ways to improve processes and output. Asks questions when needed.
- Has an Outward Mindset—focusing on the needs of clients, co-workers, and managers.