The Wealth Advisor oversees and consults to client accounts. Responsibilities include asset allocation development and review, portfolio oversight and management, client communication, performance reconciliation, and financial planning.
An essential function of the role is to provide support to clients as well as partners of the firm. Specifically, these duties will include monitoring financial markets and client accounts on a daily basis, reviewing client reports and plans for partners of the firm, and meeting with clients in office for quarterly reviews.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creates investment plans.
- Reviews and reconciles client performance reports.
- Assists clients.
- Researches client issues.
- Maintains client records.
- Rebalances client accounts.
- Prepares client communication.
- New business development.
- Assists Partners on client projects as needed.
- Meets and conducts holistic review meetings with clients.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This position uses common office apparatuses such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here represent those that are required by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions.
This job requires the employee to regularly talk and hear. Additionally, the employee is often required to stand; walk; use wrists, hands, and fingers to type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position where the employee is expected be in the office Monday through Friday from 8:30a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Travel is predicted for this job (post COVID-19).
Community and Volunteer Activities
The GYL team routinely supports a number of charitable organizations and activities. It is strongly encouraged that the Senior Wealth Advisor is willing to occasionally, as their schedule permits, participate in activities with other team members.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience within the financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently to research and resolve client issues.
- Must understand appropriate paperwork and procedures necessary to process transactions.
- Client services oriented.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Schwab and Fidelity platform experience is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to problem solve and determine effective problem resolutions while complying with corporate, legal, and regulatory requirements.
Required Education and Experience
- Education: Required – Bachelor’s degree; Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field.
- Licenses: Required- Series 65 or 66.
- Designations: Preferred- CFP, CPWA or CIMA.
- Work Experience: Preferred – Worked with or in an RIA and has experience with Schwab and Fidelity.
- Years of Experience: Required – 7+ years of experience.
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of day-to-day activities, responsibilities, or tasks that are required of the employee for this job. Day to day tasks, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.