Summary: We seek a highly energized and confident paraplanner/associate financial advisor trainee who will thrive in a busy environment. Candidate must be extremely professional in appearance and manner, willing to accept direction and interested in financial planning and investments. If not already securities licensed (SIE, Series 7 and Series 66), the commitment and ability to becoming licensed within the first six months of hire is essential. Candidate's seeking their CFP qualification would be preferred, but are not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Additional duties may be assigned):
- Assist financial advisors in preparing, adapting and updating all types of client financial plans, including education funding, retirement cash flow planning and estate planning.
- Provide client relationship support through managing, gathering and analyzing client data, helping prepare financial plans and other client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues and other practice management tasks as needed.
- Co-ordinate and place trades (once licensed) as requested by the financial advisors Attend and document client & prospect meetings with advisor & assist in completion of necessary follow-up items
- Enter data into financial planning software, writeup plans and present with Advisor to clients and prospects.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
The Ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Effective oral and written communication skills, to ensure effective collaboration with co-workers, clients and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner
- Aptitude to investigate, research, and resolve problems and concerns
- Adhere to the strictest confidentiality standards Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Focus on detail, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- SIE, Series 7 and Series 66 licensed, or willing to commit to becoming licensed within six months of hire
- Be adaptive, able to work co-operatively in a team.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, etc. Ability to draft effective business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages for price quotes.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Computer Skills: Have knowledge of internet software; spreadsheet software, and word processing software, financial planning software a plus
Benefits: Paid holidays, paid vacation, sick/personal days, 401(k), and Equal Opportunity Employer