Wealth Management Intern
Join a highly motivated, dedicated group of people with a team collaboration approach to work. Byline Bank is a fast-paced, growing organization where team members take pride in their work and enjoy the organization’s successes together. Byline’s Wealth Management department is a highly experienced, boutique firm that specializes in advising HNW and UHNW individuals, families, companies and NFPs with their investment management, trust services, private banking, wealth planning and 401k services. Byline is looking for qualified candidates with an entrepreneurial disposition to professionally grow with the organization.
Objective of Position:
This role is intended to provide the ideal candidate with broad exposure to the functions within a Wealth Management department including portfolio management, wealth planning, trust and estate services and operations functions. As a Wealth Management Intern within Byline’s Wealth Management group, you will work under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) of Portfolio Managers, Trust and Wealth Officers, and the Operations Manager and will be responsible for supporting partners with daily workflow, administrative tasks, sales support, and project support. The position will begin with administrative tasks, with increasing responsibility assigned for qualified candidates. This is a short-term internship that has the potential to be extended and ultimately lead into a full-time permanent position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct fundamental research related to wealth plan solutions and strategies
- Complete data entry using available systems and processes; updating files accordingly
- Prepare presentations for client meetings
- Work individually or in a team and follow the instructions of their manager
- Communicate with partners bank-wide regarding services and answer enquiries
- Participate in exploratory projects and follow deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Recent college graduates or 2023-degree candidates
- Must be diligent, sincere, and enthusiastic about the job
- Fundamental understanding of financial and market concepts
- Microsoft Office knowledge required
- Ability to adapt and learn new concepts quickly
- Works independently, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- CFP® or CFA candidate
- Prior Wealth Management or financial services experience
- Location: Evanston, IL
- Length of internship: 2-3 months
Working with Us:
As the largest community bank in Chicago with assets under $10 billion, we’re big enough to get you results, while small enough to know you by name.
Byline Wealth Management is a premier boutique investment management firm that services high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals, businesses, and non-for-profits. Byline Bank is dedicated to becoming the leading business banking institution in the Chicagoland area and strengthening its emerging national platform for business banking and wealth solutions.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a good fit within our Wealth Management team.