Pro-active, insightful, and collaborative market research professional responsible for undertaking and supporting research projects aligned with organizational goals and business decision-making. The manager will work collaboratively with other staff in identifying the research protocols and approach to address business objective or organizational goals and shepherd processes internally and externally to deliver on the project outputs.
In addition, the manager will provide ongoing scan of competitive trends and competitor profiles and provide recommendations on CFP Board response as needed. They will manage the research inventory of CFP Board to facilitate uses of data across departments and initiatives to achieve efficiency and data effectiveness. The manager will be focused on understanding CFP Board’s business and research practices, deploy a constant improvement philosophy, and demonstrate subject matter knowledge of research methodology/protocols, complex analytics, and data interpretation.
- Understands the CFP Board’s research needs, in the context of business purpose and priorities, and identify and/or propose appropriate methodology or application of research data.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of CFP Board’s strategic priorities, core business and other initiatives.
- Regularly research, review and report on competitive activities, participants, and trends.
- Critically evaluate research designs and summarize and translate extant research results for a variety of audiences.
- Thinks beyond the numbers to deliver clear actionable learnings and recommendations that directly address issues, pulling in broader marketplace trends/tactics, learnings from previous work and background knowledge where appropriate.
- Manages research report inventory and regularly updates and curates existing primary and secondary research reports for organization’s use.
- Manages and utilizes internal databases for analysis and reporting.
- Design, develop content and guarantee the integrity of all research projects.
- Responsible for managing all phases of market research and all internal research, from inception to completion, including the reporting and dissemination of the results.
- Advocate for the right insights and prioritization of research – ensure the right research questions are being asked; educate the organization on opportunities revealed by research.
- Create and execute against long-term research roadmaps and opportunity frameworks that inform high-level business strategy and goals.
- Recommends optimal research design, creates an analysis plan, and independently analyze data to draw conclusions and provide recommendations.
- Respond to ongoing and ad-hoc internal research requests. SME for Brand Equity specific questions, and how primary research design is most effectively executed.
- Oversee multiple projects, with strong ability to anticipate and address any issues/problems, on-time and error-free delivery of all project deliverables and ensuring final deliverable(s) fully and effectively answer research questions.
- Determines what research projects will be conducted each year with input from senior staff, and for outsourced projects, is responsible for securing proposals from research vendors and working with them once assigned to a project.
- Manages and fosters positive ongoing relationship with key contacts within and beyond CFP Board.
- Proactively works with other CFP Board staff to continuously improve process and ensure their understanding of research practices and data analysis and outputs.
- Assists Head of Research in finding relevant research articles and developing literature reviews for peer-reviewed publication and presentation.
- Presents accurate compelling insights to internal and external audiences in a way that evokes confidence and expertise.
- Translates complicated results into a clear, concise, actionable storylines that will be relevant to a broad audience.
- Regularly and consistently writes and shares research highlights and outputs for presentations and publication.