The Financial Planner job within the TIAA Central Advice Group (CAG) writes and supports financial planning for wealth management advisors, financial advisory consultants and other client-facing associates. This job creates high quality, accurate, and compliant financial plans and uses intermediate-level communication skills to provide on demand support to wealth management advisory teams via the Advice and Planning Helpdesk Services through email and phone support lines.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares financial plans for Wealth Management clients while maintaining quality, content, and cycle time service level agreements.
- Assists teams within wealth management advisory services to identify the most critical client needs and builds, reviews, and approves goal based financial plans which are modeled to address client concerns or show comparisons between alternatives when appropriate.
- Provides planning points via email to financial advisory consultants to address client concerns and planning considerations.
- Responds to questions from wealth management advisors pertaining to specific plans, general planning questions or status updates on in process work, during scheduled shifts of the Advice and Planning Help desk, with accuracy, objectivity, and professionalism.
- Assists and supports wealth management advisory teams in their use of desktop planning tools.
- Contributes to department and company quality standards by reviewing plans built by wealth management advisors and other client-facing associates.
- May lead small projects and make decisions that have moderate impact on the business.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 2+ Years Required; 3+ Years Preferred
- SRC Indicator: Series 7; Series 63; Series 65; Series 66
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Additional Information For Posting
- At least 2 years of experience in financial planning, or supporting a financial planner in an administrative capacity
- Strong customer service skills
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Highly organized and adaptable, with the ability to multi-task
- Passionate about solving problems and contributing to client success
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or passed the CFP comprehensive exam
- 3 years of experience in financial planning preferred
- College Degree desired but not required
- Strong understanding of market trends within financial planning services and products
- Knowledge of financial planning software