Callahan Financial Planning is seeking to hire a Financial Planner who has experience providing advice to high net worth individuals/families. This role will interact directly with current clients while also cultivating new relationships. The financial planner role provides comprehensive advice the covers clients’ entire financial situation including investments, retirement planning, estate planning, income taxes, and risk management.
This position will work closely with the managing director of the firm and is a great opportunity for a highly-skilled and driven individual to help support our growth in the region. We are seeking to hire a planner who will work with our clients throughout the Bay Area, including our San Francisco, Mill Valley, and San Rafael locations. Additional experience preparing personal income tax returns for individuals/families is highly desired.
Preferred education and/or experience includes: Bachelor's degree, 3 - 5+ years’ experience in interacting with clients in a direct financial advisory capacity. Certified Financial Planner (CFP) professionals will receive a high preference. Additional designations such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)/Enrolled Agent (EA) are also preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Provide ongoing comprehensive reviews of clients’ financial circumstances, creating long term relationships through superior advice, financial planning expertise, and ongoing services
- Developing new relationships with clients, including holding meetings, phone calls, and regular email interactions
- Working in a team environment with other financial planners, and performing any client tasks with the goal of maintaining the high quality of service our clients receive
- Assisting with preparations of personal income tax returns in coordination with our team of tax professionals
- Performing and assisting with other general financial planning functions (e.g. retirement, estate planning, investment, insurance, and similar advice)
- Cultivate relationships with service partners and local markets to optimize business opportunities and referrals
All employees of Callahan Financial Planning generally exhibit the following competencies:
- Ability to perform all other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all RIA, banking, and company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- To effectively perform the job, must have reliable transportation to travel to and from work and other work-related events, meetings, interactions with clients, etc.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position may require the ability to work before or after normal business hours, including weekends and overnight travel, to meet required deadlines and attend meetings and/or training programs.
Competitive benefits package:
- Health and dental insurance
- Life insurance package
- Generous PTO and holiday package
- 401K contribution and match
- Professional development expense allowance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time off (VTO)
- Wellness program
TS Banking Group is a covered federal contractor or subcontractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. As such, TS Banking Group is bound by the terms of VEVRAA and Section 503, and shall not discriminate against individuals with disabilities, and is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
TS Banking Group maintains an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement in employment of qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. As an individual interested in employment with TS Banking Group, or as one of TS Banking Group's valued employees, TS Banking Group welcomes the opportunity to make its employees and applicants more aware of the TS Banking Group's obligations and affirmative efforts. Upon request, TS Banking Group will make accessible to you its Affirmative Action Plan for protected veterans and individuals with a disability. If you are interested, please submit a written request to Angela Avis during the HR Office's operating hours (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.), and we can schedule a time for you to review the Affirmative Action Plan. (Alternatively, a copy of TS Banking Group's Affirmative Action Plan is available electronically on TS Banking Group's intranet site.) Remote employees not physically located at the facility may access the Affirmative Action Plan through the intranet site, or may request a copy of the Affirmative Action Plan for review and return should no internet access be available.