As the Director of Planning, you will work closely with the Senior Wealth Advisor and clients to deliver financial planning solutions and maintain & build client relationships. You will also lead a group of Associate Advisors/ParaPlanners at the firm.
The Director of Planning and the Associates are involved throughout the process of onboarding new clients, but do not have direct sales responsibilities. Instead, the value that Director of Planning and Associate Advisors bring is understanding the recommendations of the Senior Wealth Advisor, being able to document & implement the plans, and acting as a liaison for the Senior Wealth Advisors in fielding calls and proactively communicating with clients on any and all issues of concern.
This is a role with a high level of client interaction, primarily over the phone and email. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator with deep financial planning knowledge. This person also has a strong ability to lead and be a culture influencer. As part of a growing practice, this newly created role will require co-authorship between the individual and senior leadership to define success criteria and how to measure it for the Planning team.
- Manage the investment book of the business
- Stay updated on market trends
- Ability to construct, analyze, and edit financial plans
- Serve as the point of contact with clients
- Ability to dive deep into planning and to think outside the box on strategies
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years financial planning experience
- Securities licensing: Series 7 (obtain within 90 days of start date) and Series 6 or 63 (obtain within 60 days of start date)
- CFP® preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit – passionate, optimistic, and willing to execute
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Ability to work with limited guidance and demonstrate problem-solving capabilities
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and thrives in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic and professional business setting
- Passion for learning
- Comfort and ability working in a collaborative, cross functional, team-based environment