Does helping others with their financial vision motivate you? Do you think that the financial planning industry needs an update? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Paraplanner role will be part of our entrepreneurial and fast-paced corporate start-up called Paraplanning Solutions. This product is currently in our Venture Labs incubator program which is creating the next generation of LPL services to help advisors to better serve their clients. This individual will create the financial plans to be delivered to our advisors. This position is an entry into planning and is focused on quickly learning best practices, tax, estate, and investment planning strategies.
- Input client data into financial planning software (eMoney, MoneyGuide, RightCapital).
- Analyze financial data to construct comprehensive financial plans and develop customized financial solutions and strategies for end-clients. Areas of emphasis include retirement/income analysis, estate planning, tax planning strategies, and risk management analysis.
- Articulate relevant planning recommendations and actions items in our planning outlines.
- Research ad-hoc financial planning questions as necessary to further support our Advisors and their clients.
- Must gain proficiency in a variety of financial planning tools/software to include WealthVision/eMoney, MoneyGuide, RightCapital and AdvicePay.
- Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex personal and business financial planning concepts and stay informed of current financial planning developments and tax law changes.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- 2 - 3 years of experience within a financial services firm, University program, and/or a financial planning environment
- Must have CFP® designation or currently working toward completion
- Licenses Required: Securities licenses 63/65 or 66 are required or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Essential understanding of personal financial planning including tax and estate planning strategies
- Understanding of insurance and annuity products
- Software/Systems Skills Required: Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Financial Planning software
- Prior experience with eMoney, MoneyGuide or RightCapital is required
- Experience with CRM applications such as Salesforce and/or Redtail preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Broad exposure to financial planning
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.