This position is based in the Greenville Office which is located at: 9 Halton Green Way, Greenville, SC 29607.
The Financial Planner communicates effectively with clients and co-workers, analyzes confidential client information, and integrates biblical principles into customized financial plans to help clients and their families achieve their goals.
- Prepares customized financial plans in a manner that is tailored to the needs of the clients and consistent with the team leader’s goals and preferences.
- Utilizing input from the client, prepares customized financial plan that incorporates client information and is consistent with client goals.
- Develops high quality, accurate, attractive, and professional reports and presentations that reflect and incorporate Ronald Blue Trust’s financial planning philosophy and principles into the client recommendations.
- Provides cash flow analysis including bonus payments and stock option planning.
- Assesses gifting opportunities of cash, securities, or other property.
- Assists with tax planning to estimate tax withholding settings or quarterly tax payments, plans for cash, securities or other property gifting opportunities, bonus payments, and stock option planning.
- Prepares recommendations for clients utilizing planning expertise and knowledge of client’s goals and circumstances, integrating Biblical principles and wisdom into the financial recommendations in a manner consistent with Ronald Blue Trust’s financial planning philosophy.
- Exhibits technical knowledge and competency in cash flow planning, tax and charitable gift planning, education funding, debt management, retirement, insurance, and estate planning.
- Adept at utilizing Planning software deployed within the Division.
- Initiates investment transactions in accordance with instructions from the Advisor.
- Implements investment transactions utilizing company’s trading software.
- Performs other investment management tasks such as tax loss harvesting, account rebalancing, account review, and Quarterly Investment Report (QIR) generation.
- Supports (Sr.) Financial Advisor or Managing Director with client meetings and other interactions including such things as:
- Ensures all materials and financial plans are in good order in advance of scheduled meeting.
- Records meeting notes.
- Prepares follow-up letters for clients, demonstrating solid professional business-writing skills.
- Handles follow up on action items as appropriate.
- Effectively responds to client and outside vendor inquiries or needs as required.
- Appropriately manages multiple priorities and strives to support the relationship building and investment management activities of Advisors through applied technical skills and knowledge of the financial planning process, including plan delivery and on-going coordination of client affairs.
- Strives to grow and develop appropriate skillset to enhance contribution to client relationships including such things as:
- Actively pursues CFP® or other similar professional designation to enhance financial planning or advisory skillset and knowledge.
- Seeks to continually increase knowledge of the financial planning philosophy and biblical principles upon which Ronald Blue Trust serves its client base through learning associated scripture memory verses in order to integrate Ronald Blue Trust’s philosophy into client counsel and services.
- Approaches work, interactions and relationships in a manner consistent with the company’s Core Values.
- Demonstrates competence in general business skills and pursues general mastery of appropriate technical and leadership skills to support team and client needs, as well as long-term career growth.
- Demonstrates computer literacy and knowledge of specialized office programs and competency in utilizing software applications that are company specific, e.g. eMoney/BluePrint, Salentica (CRM), Laserfiche (DMS), iRebal, etc.
- Maintains the highest Compliance standards by adhering to the company’s Human Resources guidelines, Compliance policies, professional designation standards, and our industry's regulatory standards to mitigate risk to the company.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of those portions of both the Old Testament and New Testament of the Bible with scriptural references to money and finances, and ability to apply and integrate this knowledge into all phases of client counsel.
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong general knowledge of financial planning and investment management.
- Strong business mathematical skills and keen attention to detail.
- Personal integrity and ability to discreetly handle confidential data.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple time-sensitive tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Aptitude and passion for learning.
- Desire to serve clients and co-workers with excellence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with a high level of expertise in MS Excel.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or financial planning is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years' prior financial planning and/or financial service experience is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation is preferred.
- Additional education and credentials are a plus, such as a Master of Financial Planning, MBA, ChFC, or CPA.