Our Client, Sensenig Capital Advisors, has an immediate opening for an Associate Wealth Advisor. Please review the posting and apply today for consideration.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Under the guidance of senior advisory team members, the incumbent is responsible for supporting firms more senior Advisors by providing financial analysis and recommendations in preparation for client interactions in the core areas of financial planning. Tasks and activities include but are not limited to retirement savings and income planning, risk management and insurance planning, investment planning, tax and estate planning, and education planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with Wealth Advisors when interviewing clients to determine their current income, expenses, insurance coverage, tax status, financial objectives, risk tolerance, or other information needed to develop a financial plan.
- Answer clients' questions about the purposes and details of financial plans and strategies.
- Collaborate with Wealth Advisors to recommend strategies in cash management, insurance coverage, investment planning, or other areas to clients to help them achieve their financial goals.
- Engage clients to obtain appropriate financial records and information to analyze and determine strategies for meeting clients' financial objectives.
- Implement financial planning recommendations or refer clients to someone who can assist them with plan implementation.
- Review clients' accounts and plans regularly to determine whether life changes, economic changes, environmental concerns, or financial performance indicate a need for plan reassessment.
- Research available investment opportunities in alignment with established company investment philosophy to determine compatibility with client financial plans.
- Monitor financial market trends to ensure that client plans are responsive.
- Meet with clients' other advisors, such as attorneys, accountants, trust officers, or investment bankers, to fully understand clients' financial goals and circumstances.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Attend and participate in periodic staff meetings.
- Attend and participate in Investment Committee Meeting.
- Attend and participate in client prospect meetings.
- Effectively establish and demonstrate progress towards individual professional goals.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all federal and state regulations and guidelines including adherence to our compliance manual.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the CFP Ethical Code of Conduct in carrying out the responsibilities of this position.
- Adheres to all CFP Standards of Conduct in carrying out the responsibilities of this position.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Obtain and/or maintain certifications through continuing education.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: (1) making suggestions for improvement, and (2) learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- Is available for other duties as required.
- Is available for overtime as needed.
- Is available during and outside of regular business hours to meet client and operations service needs as required.
- Participate in firm marketing initiatives including, but not limited to social media, networking, digital branding and materials, and video.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree required in finance, accounting, or other related field plus three (3) years of industry experience in a financial planning or related role. Must have or demonstrate ability to obtain, within six (6) months, a Series 65 license.
- Read and understand various business documents and communications, including but not limited to safety procedures, company policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Write routine reports and business correspondence.
- Read and review financial documents and materials.
- Ability to produce financial plans and presentations.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated ability to manage one's own time and respect the time of others efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated Active Listening Skills - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Customer relationship management CRM software
- Financial analysis software - Money Guide Pro, Fi360, Morningstar
- Internet browser software — Web browser software
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office
- Presentation software — Financial planning presentation software; Microsoft PowerPoint
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Word processing software — Financial report generation software; Microsoft Word
- Secure file sharing technology
- Client custodian websites such as Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Fidelity
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail without loss to production.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and proof of insurance.
- Nominal local travel less than 10%.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.