The Associate Advisor is a practicing professional who acts both as an advocate of members’ financial wellness and as a support to the Financial Advisor Team through relationship management. This Advisor will service and advise members utilizing financial planning for a fee and asset management strategies. As a reflection of the responsibility, this position has to maintain a strong member- and team-focus, the compensation package for this Advisor will be predominantly fixed with a variable component derived from achievement of corporate objectives. Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
• Engage client relationships both in-person, through WebEx and over-the-phone.
• Communicate foundational financial planning principles as well as investment strategy recommendations to members.
• Identify and address client financial needs.
• Monitor and review clients’ accounts regularly to determine whether life events, economic changes, or financial performance indicate a need for reassessment.
• Perform in a team environment in which responsibilities for servicing client accounts and planning for clients’ needs are shared.
• Deliver a world-class customer service experience.
• Analyze data obtained to determine strategies for meeting clients’ financial objectives.
• Complete all continuing education, firm element, and compliance requirements in a timely manner.
• Serve as technological expert for credit union members.
• Achieve regular and consistent results that exceed minimum standards while adhering to the Credit Union’s high standards of honesty, fairness, and integrity.
• Identify members’ financial planning needs and partner with other advisors to deliver financial planning strategies.
• This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• This job description is subject to change at any time.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or a related field.
• 3 + years’ experience in the financial services industry with direct client contact. • Clean U-4/U-5.
• FINRA Series 7 and Series 66.
• Life/Health Insurance and Variable Products License and Long-Term Care certification.
• CFP® designation.
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in all work produced.
- Excellent inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team as well as independently.
- Ability to identify, research and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete requests from multiple sources.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with financial statements.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills – proficient in MS Office and Morningstar.
- Compiling/analyzing operational and financial information/projections.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Applies knowledge of credit union systems, policies, and procedures.
- Complies with all Credit Union policies and procedures including those related to Bank Secrecy Act regulations
• Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related field.
• AIF® designation (required within one-year of on-boarding).