At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo is seeking a Wealth Investment Strategy Relationship Specialist.
In this role, you will:
- Assist senior investment managers in handling investment management activities for a group of clients
- Manage simple to moderately complex investment portfolios for investment management accounts, fiduciary irrevocable and revocable trust accounts with limited investment strategy authority and generally handling smaller accounts while working under the direct supervision of management or senior staff.
- Review and analyze operational assignments that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives while exercising independent judgement to guide medium risk deliverables
- Present recommendations for resolving complex situations and exercise independent judgement while developing expertise in the function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with Wealth Investment Strategy Products colleagues, internal partners, and stakeholders, including internal as well as external customers within Wealth Investment Strategy Products functional area
- Leveraging individual securities (incl. equities, bonds, ETFs, real estate securities, etc.), pooled vehicles (incl. open and closed end Mutual Funds and DIFs), "open architecture" platforms, and "alternative" investments to maximize returns commensurate with an acceptable level of risk for the client.
- Assists in business development through sales/marketing while leveraging partnership opportunities throughout the firm. Expected to be proactive, work independently and accurately, own issues (client, risk management, etc.) and work with team on resolution, act in a junior partner and consultative capacity to the Sr Portfolio Manager(s).
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Wealth Investment Strategy Products experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of investment support experience and technical proficiency
- 2+ years of Wealth/Investment Management experience
- MBA, CFA (completed or pursuing) or similar designations preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.