WHO WE ARE
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 employees, we call partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Today, we are going through a metamorphosis – starting with our Wealth Management business where we are embracing FinTech to transform our industry leading Goal-driven Wealth Management product and Digital Experience to drive better financial outcomes for our clients.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Our talented, driven, and energetic people are truly changing the face of Northern Trust. The speed with which we work, the influence of each partner and the focus to positively change the client experience is our common passion. People are our greatest Wealth, so if you have a genuine desire to work in a fast-paced, Agile/LEAN, inclusive environment which requires teamwork, well-honed problem-solving skills, deadline management, ongoing and comprehensive communication, constant attention to detail, and a commitment to continuous improvement then seek no more!
Qualifications – CFP or Financial Planning
WHO YOU ARE
Passionate about envisioning and delivering a modern and intuitive goals-based planning framework and related digital experiences that ensure our clients have an investment plan tailored to their needs regardless of any market environment.
Willing to work hard to stay on top of fast changing technology, stay current with best practices in wealth management, and invest a lot of energy in learning new tricks.
Caught up on industry trends and anticipate what the near future will bring.
Love clean interfaces and have a real passion for simplifying the complex to develop intuitive experiences and comprehensive solutions for clients.
Furthermore, you bring:
- Deep knowledge of Financial Planning and Wealth Transfer techniques
- Understanding of Wealth Management clients, ideally in the High Net Worth / Ultra High Net Worth segments, and their evolving expectations
- Familiarity with Product Management, User-centered Design, and Fintech Landscape
- Willingness to act as a constructive conduit between business and engineering teams
- Strong ability to develop hypotheses and make quick decisions in a fail-fast supportive environment that fosters and encourages a continuous improvement mindset and execution
- A high passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a partner on the Digital Services team, you will be an integral part of one of our nimble and agile cross-functional teams innovating an entire industry. We cherish and nourish our diverse and inclusive culture and welcome you to help us further grow our community.
We are actively exploring emerging technologies in AI, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics, Blockchain and Decentralized Finance to elevate dozens of products and services which millions of customers use.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will:
- Shape product vision, roadmap, and value proposition of Goals-driven Wealth Management solution and/or related Digital Experiences in response to evolving client/market needs, best practices of financial planning, and business strategy
- Follow the practices of lean product management and eXtreme Programming (XP) to validate assumptions and make data driven decisions to actively shape Minimum Viable Products and Feature/Story Backlog
- Align key stakeholders and cross-functional teams, including but not limited to business leads, architects, designers, and engineers, to realize the vision and value proposition
- Prioritize backlog items (Features, stories) that align to the product vision
- Deliver outstanding end-user experiences that delight our users
- Monitor a healthy balance between commitments, pace, and quality of work for the team
- Practice LEAN/Agile and eXtreme Programming to envision and deliver innovative products and services