The IRA Specialist I performs basic transactions and file maintenance, such as opening IRA/HSA/Coverdell ESA accounts, performing contributions, distributions, transfers, rollovers, and conversions. This position monitors the departmental ACD line, fax, mail, and email and assists branch delivery staff with IRA inquiries.
Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
• Respond to phone and online inquiries from members for guidance and direction on all credit union deposit IRAs
• Learn and communicate the complex rules regarding IRA accounts and possess the knowledge to open and maintain these accounts in accordance with IRS guidelines
• Perform routine maintenance on existing accounts (including adding and removing beneficiaries, calculating and verifying RMDs, and conversions)
• Monitor IRA and HSA Pending files in AX
• Prep daily work for scan
• Complete research requests and special projects as assigned
• This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe
or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Position may offer work from home opportunities, pending specific performance and departmental needs.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Certified IRA Professional (CIP) designation- Must obtain within 18 months of start date
• Working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
• Strong research and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated sales skills aptitude
• Ability to perform well under pressure and handle multiple priorities
• Willing to travel to Atlanta-area branches
• Willing to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Complies with all Credit Union policies and procedures including those related to Bank Secrecy Act regulations
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
• 1 + years’ financial institution experience
• Working knowledge of Symitar
• Prior experience administering IRAs/HSAs and/or Trust Accounts