The mission of Kitces.com is to help real financial advisors be better and more successful, creating a 100X multiplier effect for our work and the number of consumers we can positively impact with the power of financial planning delivered by a Kitces-supported Financial Advicer to their clients.
To achieve this mission, Kitces.com publishes the leading financial planning industry blog Nerd’s Eye View, producing award-winning commentary on financial planning strategies and practice management trends for financial advisors ranked as the most Influential, Objective, Relevant, and Useful content amongst any online media publication for financial advisors. Our Members Section provides additional white papers, webinars, training Courses to master essential skills, and the opportunity for financial planning professionals to earn Continuing Education credits, and we are invited to speak regularly at financial advisor conferences across the US and around the world to present our analysis and insights.
Unlike traditional media sites, though, Kitces.com deliberately generates no revenue from advertising or sponsored content. Instead, we remain solely focused on creating value directly for our readers, strengthening the awareness of and integrity of the Kitces brand, and being compensated directly from our readers both on our site (for those who join our Members Section, hire us to speak and consult, or purchase Kitces Research), and through our co-owned financial services solutions for consumers (who may engage with our related financial advisory firms) as well as our business solutions for financial advisors themselves (for whom we have a number of businesses providing service and technology solutions for advisory firms).
Kitces.com is hiring a Director of Advisor Education to be responsible for managing all educational content within the Kitces Members Section including oversight of the development, production, and maintenance of all CE offerings, on-platform webinar events and live summits, and Kitces Courses, and expanding and scaling our Kitces Education offerings into financial advisor enterprises.
So if you have always wanted an opportunity to build and scale an educational product offering that’s focused on quality over just quantity, have experience in hiring, training, and developing teams that create educational content, love to Nerd Out on adult education learning models and instructional design theory, and have the ability to develop data tracking and reporting on relevant KPIs that can be used to drive business results and iterative improvement…then this job is for you!
This entirely virtually based staff position (work from anywhere, no relocation required!) reports to the Managing Director and serves as the Director the Education Team.
- Day-to-day execution and management of the Education Team, and leadership of weekly department team meetings and weekly 1:1s with all team members Accountable for the ongoing delivery and maintenance of core offerings of the Kitces Members Section, including Kitces Courses, CE offerings, and on-platform virtual events (including recorded and live webinars, and Kitces Summits) Management of the process for developing new Members Section offerings and initiatives, and reviewing current Members Section content for timeliness and relevance Responsible for building, systematizing, and scaling our offering of Kitces Courses Oversight of the Kitces.com CE accreditation status, including relationships with accrediting bodies Training and development of the Education Team members, including quarterly check-ins and annual performance reviews Hire and manage outside freelancers to support various aspects of the Kitces.com platform as needed Track and report on relevant Education KPIs, including our content meeting our QNR (Quality, Nerdiness, Relevance) standards and key business objectives
Key Candidate Traits
Candidates for Kitces opportunities should be self-motivated enough to work in a virtual environment (autonomous), have an extremely strong inclination for continuous learning (self-development), an immaculate attention to detail (organized and efficient), a service mindset (seeks to collaborate and to help and support others), and an ability to work in a changing environment (adaptability).
In addition, we are a team that lives by our values, our support of one another and our commitment to the community we serve. The successful candidate will share these values.
Our Core Values:
- Do the Right Thing Advisors First Be the Trusted Source Deposit More Than We Withdraw No A$$holes Get Your Nerd On
The ideal candidate for this Director of Advisor Education role must have demonstrated success managing a variety of projects (both new and ongoing), a proven track record of building and leading high performing and engaged teams, an ability to hold team members accountable to specific deliverables and time-sensitive deadlines in order to achieve business objectives and revenue growth goals, and an entrepreneurial bent to create sustainable value.
Prior experience in building educational programs (or similar knowledge content-based products) is required. Prior experience in the financial services industry, and/or completion of the CFP education, is strongly preferred but not required. Experience in instructional design, or an advanced degree, such as an MBA, or Ph.D. related to Education, will be considered.
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens, and work primarily within the United States.
- Base salary $90,000 - $115,000/year based on experience
- Available bonus up to 12% of base salary, determined by meeting key Members Section and other business metrics
- $3,000 budget for additional training/skills education
- $4,000 conference budget
- $2,000 budget for technology hardware/software or related office materials
- Paid membership in a relevant membership association and for a relevant professional designation or certification
- Participation in company health plan
- Participation in company 401(k) plan
- 20 days of paid time off for combined vacation + sick, plus 6 national holidays
- “No meeting” Wednesdays
Interested candidates for the Director of Advisor Education should complete the initial application form (https://airtable.com/shrURnRqrcxCe09HE). Questions can be directed to email@example.com.