L&S Advisors, Inc, a rapidly growing Registered Investment Adviser with approximately $1B AUM and located in Los Angeles, CA, has immediate openings for Associate Director. Individuals should have the ability to both manage portfolio assets and a proven ability to raise assets from high-net worth investors. An existing portable book of fee-based business of $5-$15M is preferred. A CFP certification and Series 65 or equivalent securities license are required. Successful candidates can expect to be groomed to manage and inherit the firm’s existing clients while concurrently working to build her or his own book of business.
- 5+ years industry experience.
- Ability to understand all elements of financial services industry and asset management.
- Prior track record of managing equity and fixed income securities for existing clients.
- A broad range of industry and professional client referrals.
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Series 65, 66, or equivalent security license.
- Certified Financial Planner certification.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or related field of study.
- Candidates who speak Mandarin Chinese, French, Spanish or Hebrew a plus.
- Completion, and approval of, pre-hire process, including FINRA, criminal and credit background check.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Manage appropriate portfolios of equity and fixed income assets for firm clients.
- Maintain an ongoing client relationship by conducting periodic reviews with each client on a scheduled and “as needed” basis.
- Develop additional referrals from personal networking, including but not limited to: CPA’s, attorneys and other centers of influence.
- Generate new clients from referrals through a strong ability to effectively communicate the firm’s numerous offerings.
- Base Salary of depending on experience and/or portable book of business.
- Monthly expense stipend included.
- 401(k) and other competitive benefits.