Established Certified Financial Planner with 33 years experience seeking an experienced financial planner who is interested in growing with the firm and potentially being part of a succession plan. Preferably with experience as a wholesaler, financial planner, or paraplanner. Our broker dealer is Commonwealth Financial Services. A book of business is desired but not required. This position requires extensive knowledge of all types of retirement plans and broad based knowledge of investments including structured products and alternative investments.
Minimum 3 years experience in a financial planning office is required as well as a thorough knowledge of many different investment forms, account transfers, and financial terminology.
- Work closely with the two CFPs
- Possess high-level understanding of roles and responsibilities of each office position; ability to fill in if anyone is out
- Follow up on action steps resulting from prospect and client meetings (e.g., strong ability to process forms); establish and maintain solid working relationships with clients; provide ongoing support and service as appropriate
- Participate in bi-weekly investment research meetings with other CFPs around the Country
- Strong public speaking abilities with a desire to provide pro bono work and education to the public
- Be proactive in keeping principal advisor and all staff aware of incomplete or unresolved tasks
- Strong team player
We specialize in providing comprehensive financial planning for Government employees. We are primarily fee-based and not sales driven. We are seeking someone who is interested in growing with the firm. This is a full-time position that could eventually lead to being part of the firm's succession plan. .