Specialty Wealth Consulting (SWC) is a fast-growing business unit within the Investor Advice Solutions organization. We deliver sophisticated advice and planning focused on the client, the client’s family, and their personal and outstanding dynamics. SWC helps clients achieve their financial goals through proactive wealth management strategies that encompass personal financial planning, wealth strategies advising, sophisticated income, liquidity, risk, and portfolio transition management. The Wealth Strategist role specializing in Tax, Trust and Estates is integral to the delivery and success of Schwab’s modern wealth management experience and plays a significant role in supporting key partners passionate about high-net worth and ultra-high net worth retail investors.
The Wealth Strategist role is a part of a specialized team that provides great value and benefits to Schwab clients. This offering provides depth and value to the clients of branch partners and Schwab Wealth Advisory Investment Advisors. The goal of the relationship is to work through client’s sophisticated needs in Tax, Trust, and Estates that among other things that could result in a large amount of savings to the end client. This position will require you to provide detailed, highly sophisticated advice to entrepreneurs and other high-net-worth individuals with sophisticated financial affairs, substantial business interests, large family estates and investment portfolios requiring careful attention.
The Wealth Strategist will be the subject matter authority in all implications of a clients Tax, Trust and Estate needs.
What you are good at:
As a High Net Worth Trust & Estate/Tax Specialist, you will:
- Develop and handle strong relationships with Financial Consultants and Portfolio Consultants.
- Function as an in-house subject matter authority on sophisticated trust, estate and income tax questions and issues.
- Uncover unstated needs from the clients to offer additional Schwab services where relevant
- Present to large and small groups to share your expertise and the offering to key partners
- Educate internal partners on your skills and ability to support their clients to drive referrals
- Apply your previous experiences in Tax, Trust and Estate to supply to a growing sector of Investment Advisor Services
We believe that our values have helped us to build both a successful business model and an outstanding work environment. We value partnership, integrity, exceptional client service, open communication, and adaptability to change.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Previous experience as a Tax, Trust, and Estate attorney strongly preferred
- At least one of the following is required; JD, LLM, CPA, CTFA, AEP
- Extensive experience advising high net worth clients
- Ability to build strong internal relationships due to working closely with Branch Financial Consultants and Portfolio Consultants within Schwab Wealth Advisory.
- Shown experience in discovering unstated needs through diagnostic information gathering
- Excellent presentation skills and demonstrated success in a collaborative environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication, listening, interpersonal, client service, networking and analytical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal effectiveness when working with high-net-worth clients
- Travel approximately 10% to 25%.