Personal Financial Planning
We have created this summer internship to give students broad exposure to our financial planning and investment management practice. We hope the experience will attract students to pursue a career in financial planning and investment management.
There are numerous job opportunities in our field. It is a professional career that is rewarding- you get to help people, continue to learn and grow, and can have many opportunities for advancement and equity ownership.
Here is a description of the internship:
• The intern will work with our planners with all pre-meeting preparation.
• As appropriate, the intern will attend client planning meetings.
• The intern will work with our Chief Investment Officer to assist with the analysis
and preparation for our quarterly Investment Committee meeting.
• The intern will attend our quarterly Investment Committee meeting.
• The intern will follow our daily investment rebalancing to learn our
trading mechanics and philosophy.
• The intern will attend our weekly corporate “Brain Dump” meeting.
• The intern will provide editing and creative input into the report output for
• The intern will attend our quarterly meeting with our social media
• It is expected that all four CFP planners will be available to mentor and advise
• The intern will have some daily academic time for reading and study.
Potential Projects and Academic Expectations
• Review and make suggestions about improving our PowerPoint presentations
(Format and content)
• Assist with Annual Asset Class Risk/Return PDF (using Morningstar Office, fi360 , and
• Help with updating and designing our Young Professional program (our program
to work with medical students and residents)
• Help with enhancing Salesforce.
• Weekly reading and oral review of major academic planning and investing articles.
• Monthly assigned book and review.
• Resident will have weekly 1–2-hour meeting with mentor to discuss topics and issues.
Software and Technology Stack
The intern will have exposure to, and will work with the following programs:
• Salesforce CRM
• eMoney Financial Planning program
• Fi360 Investment risk analyzer
• Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook)