The Director of Financial Planning leads and manages financial planning design and recommendations for all new firm clients and ensures proper updates and ongoing maintenance of existing clients’ financial plans. Additional responsibilities include serving as the Chair of the firm’s Investment Committee to drive efficiencies and ensure effective client account management.
The day-to-day responsibilities in this role will include but are not limited to:
- Review and assess detailed client records including but not limited to investment/insurance statements, tax returns, and estate planning documents to compile a baseline goal progress report
- Plan, design, and prepare financial plan recommendations for new firm clients
- Understand and assess client-specific situations to improve probability of goal success
- Proactively and continually evaluate and assess existing client plans to monitor progress, ensure proper maintenance, and provide recommendations for improvement or adjustments, as applicable
- Ongoing review of client investment models
- Leverage strong understanding of financial markets to effectively simplify complex financial concepts while building rapport and credibility with our clients
- Provide exemplary customer service to clients and partner effectively with firm advisors to deliver on client goals and expectations
- Work with other team members on a continual basis to accomplish firm objectives
- Provide guidance and coaching to Client Services staff, as applicable
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and minimum of 3-5 years of related experience preferred
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Designation or track required, the firm can assist in completing certification
- FINRA Series 7 preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Developed Investment knowledge and expertise and strong understanding of markets sufficient to respond to inquiries from sophisticated and knowledgeable clients.
- Proven ability to assess a client’s holistic financial situation, analyze results, develop recommendations, and oversee the implementation process.
- Working knowledge of the following tech stack: MoneyGuidePro, Morningstar Advisor Workstation, Holistiplan, Asset-Map, Advisys, Redtail CRM, Microsoft Office Suite
- Salary commensurate with experience Eligible for a unique firm profit-sharing plan Full suite of benefits available