The manager serves as the CFP Board champion to drive great outcomes for college and university students pursuing financial planning careers. This position will oversee activities and programming that supports and shepherds student experience in the financial planning and CFP® certification pathway.
He/She will be instrumental in ensuring student success in financial planning programs at partner colleges and universities. In partnership with other CFP Board staff, propose, plan, and implement strategies to impact key metrics such as student engagement and experience, student satisfaction, student retention, and graduation rates.
- Under the guidance of the Managing Director, implement the Student Engagement program, which includes providing counsel and strategic support to college and university students pursuing pathways to CFP® certification.
- With the Director, College and University Relations, engage with Universities and Higher education providers on programs that facilitate student pathway to CFP® certification.
- With the Director of Education and Director of Marketing, engage with student candidates in the certification journey and provide support, counsel and strategic guidance on certification requirements.
- Engage with colleges and universities to help shepherd student experience and interest in financial planning studies including recruitment, retention, and completion.
- Lead the collection, organization and analysis of student data including courses taken, majors and minor areas of studies and related information.
- Liaising with certification staff in education, experience and exam in initiatives that help prepare and support students to pursue financial planning as a career and CFP® certification.
- Liaising with the Financial Planning Association student chapters/members to facilitate CFP® certification.
- Work with Marketing and Communications to encourage more individuals to become financial planners by promoting the career pathway on how to become a financial planner.
- Actively partner with Marketing and Communication and other departments to communicate the value proposition of a financial planning career/profession to high school careers advisers and university students.
- With CFP Board staff and Center for Financial Planning staff to sign, facilitate and implement appropriate high school career adviser engagement programs.
- Monitors and reports on trends affecting college enrolment and graduation rates.
- Identify, track and report on competitive conditions that impact student’s decision to pursue a financial planning career.
- Understands the prospective higher education institutions’ end customer and proactively identifies future growth opportunities for alignment with the CFP® certification.
- Handles, resolves, and negotiates complex issues with college/university partners on student experience and liaises with executive leadership when needed.
- Helps enhance CFP Board’s reputation and image among college/university stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.