The Paraplanner helps the Financial Advisors maintain client relationships and accounts. This individual prepares and presents financial plans to clients and monitors progress toward achieving client goals while maintaining all compliance and customer service standards. The Paraplanner ensures data integrity and prepares reports using various software applications. This position reports to the Branch Office Manager of the Charlottesville, VA office.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• With the Financial Advisor, meets with clients and prospects to discuss and evaluate all aspects of financial planning and services.
• Assesses clients' financial situation by gathering information regarding investments, asset allocation, savings, tax planning, retirement planning, and estate planning, and evaluates risk tolerance.
• Collaborates with Financial Advisor on portfolio design.
• Develops financial plans for clients using platforms such as MoneyGuide Pro, eMoney, and BlackDiamond.
• Schedules and prepares materials for annual review meetings with clients to discuss investments, strategies, and goals.
• Prepares client proposals, client books, and presentations.
• Ensures all industry, SEC, and firm compliance standards are met.
• Maintains industry qualifications and completes ongoing continuing education requirements.
• Gains expert knowledge on financial products and services to generate referrals.
• Promotes Cary Street Partners and Wealth Management products and services to clients and prospects.
• Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Professional Skills and Experience
• Three years’ prior experience in the Financial Services industry, preferably in financial planning or asset management.
• Completion of Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional (FPQP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) course of study within the next three to five years.
• Knowledge of SEC rules and related procedures.
• Series 65 license preferred.
• Knowledge of various custodial, planning, and financial services platforms.
• Bachelors’ degree required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with clients and colleagues.
• Collaborative team player with a positive attitude and a service mindset.
• Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with different associates.
• Ability to represent the Firm in a positive professional manner.
• Ability to learn new processes quickly, take initiative, and multi-task with minimal supervision; self-starter and driven.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Willingness to travel on occasion.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work with attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Cary Street Partners participates in e-Verify and will submit your I-9 documentation to the federal government to confirm your legal eligibility to work in the United States.