Sr. Associate Business Management - Financial Planning - Remote
Job LocationsUS-IA-Des Moines | US-NM-Albuquerque | US-GA-Atlanta | US-TX-Austin | US-NC-Charlotte | US-TX-Dallas | US-OH-Columbus | US-CO-Denver | US-TX-Houston | US-MO-Kansas City | US-WI-Madison | ...
As a Sr. Associate Business Management - Financial Planning, you'll support key process improvement and growth initiatives within Financial Planning and Retirement Plan businesses. You'll support all stages of the improvement lifecycle, from problem identification through implementation, and provide significant impact to advisors, clients, and other key stakeholders, as well as assist advisors with product education and overview in an effort to increase market opportunities and support sales in the Financial Planning and Retirement Plan businesses. Additional items will include: educating advisors on available tools and information to help drive adoption of fee based financial planning services, providing investment analysis and asset allocation modeling support for both proprietary and non- proprietary retirement plans written within PSI's retail distribution channel and working with advisors to develop appropriate investment lineups and base models for employer sponsored plans.
- Advisor Support - Responsible to help advisors with general education on retirement plans and general investment questions. Educate advisors on new tools, etc. to best leverage and generate prospect opportunities, increased efficiencies and client satisfaction. Lead discussions with advisors, and potentially employees, regarding aspects of the investment choices in the plan.
- Business Transformation – Assist in ongoing financial planning and retirement plan projects focused on improving efficiency, enhancing value creation and leverage data for better decision making.
- Marketing - Assist with providing insight into development of marketing/product materials for the financial planning and retirement plans, resulting in additional market opportunities.
- Market Environment - Must maintain knowledge of market conditions and determine which assets may be favorable based on current conditions.
- Regulatory Support - Working in conjunction with Compliance and Legal, continually monitoring the regulatory and legal environment for retirement plans.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff throughout the organization in support of retirement plans. Will partners with various departments, advisors, and outside professionals to educate and promote our retirement plan investment capabilities.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
This position is also a great way to advance your career. As a growing company with over 18,000 employees around the world, Principal offers a lot of ways for you to learn more, earn more and achieve more. That’s one reason we were named/recognized as one of Forbes America’s Best Employers.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree plus 4+years of related experience required
- FINRA Series 6/7 and Series 65/66 required
- CFP® (Certified Financial Planner), ChFC® (Chartered Financial Consultant), CLU® (Chartered Life Underwriter), or PFS® (Personal Financial Specialist) is a plus
Successful candidate will have the following:
- Solid written and verbal communication as well as organizational and time-management skills
- Good analytical skills and strong understanding of financial planning/advice and retirement plans
- Ability to use analytical tools and excellent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications
- Able to work independently and must be adept at managing multiple requests with strict deadlines
- Some travel may be required (10-15%)
Salary Range Information
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
$58650 - $114000 / year
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Nonimmigrant Workers and Green Card for Employment-Based Immigrants
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LinkedIn Remote Hashtag