Are you looking to change careers? Do you like to help people reach their financial and life goals?
ClearLogic Financial is hiring an Associate Financial Planner for our team in Reston, VA. Many of us are career changers and know what it takes to succeed in our industry. We have been lawyers, accountants, and insurance agents.
We have great clients. We work in teams to serve our clients in the most efficient and effective way possible. Our focus is holistic financial planning. We are true fiduciaries.
Many of our clients enjoy in-person meetings and outings, as do we. Therefore, we do not offer a fully remote work option. We do offer flexible hours, flexible telecommuting, training, and mentoring.
Please include a cover letter that tells us why you are considering a career change and why financial planning is your next journey.
As an Associate Financial Planner, you will be responsible for supporting financial planners with their client relationship management and assist in providing wealth management and financial planning services to new and existing clients. You will also be the back-up to the Portfolio Manager, which is a key role in our client service model.
- Prepare and provide analysis for client review meetings including scenario modeling, cash needs, asset allocation etc.
- Create financial planning strategies for tax planning, insurance, estate planning, long-term care, tax efficient distributions, etc.
- Oversee portfolio models, rebalancing, and trade recommendations, working with our full-time Portfolio Manager.
- Serve as back-up to the Portfolio Manager during times of leave, peak times, and as needed.
- Communicate with client’s professional advisors (CPA, Estate Attorney, Mortgage Broker).
- Work collaboratively with our team to deliver a great client experience.
- Personal Financial Planning experience to high-net-worth clients or related accounting experience, such as tax preparation and planning is a plus.
- Willingness to pursue the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation in the next few years.
- Investment experience and/or knowledge is a plus.
- Strong listening skills and a warm, caring, and empathetic personality.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Exemplary work ethic, the willingness to go above and beyond for clients, and a sense of personal responsibility and initiative.