What we are looking for –
As a member of a client service team, the Wealth Management Associate is responsible for supporting the Wealth Management Managers and Directors with the services provided to clients such as the preparation of net worth statements, cash flows, long-range financial projections, income tax projections and various analyses. The associate will assist with the integration and coordination of the work done on behalf of clients by the various groups including Tax Services, Expense Management and Investment Advisory Services. The Associate is expected, from time to time, to have direct contact with clients, vendors, and other advisors as necessary as part of the client service team.
You will –
- Participate in internal strategy discussions for clients
- Assist with the coordination and integration of projects and analyses done by the various groups
- Review financials and income tax projections/tax returns prepared by the Tax Services Group
- Gather tax information for preparation of client’s tax returns by the Tax Services Group
- Gather and compile client’s financial information to prepare net worth, cash flow, investment planning, insurance summaries and other tools for use in wealth planning engagements
- Prepare long-term capital sufficiency analyses based on client’s personal financial goals, current financial data, and investment assumptions
We Want –
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer accounting, finance, law, and/or significant experience in a related field. CPA highly desirable.
- CFP® preferred or demonstrated progress toward acquiring the CFP®, i.e., ongoing plan for completion of required coursework and taking the CFP® exam
- Basic understanding of comprehensive personal financial planning such as retirement planning, employee benefits, insurance, investment vehicles, asset allocation, estate planning techniques, income taxation, and executive compensation
- Experience preparing and/or reviewing tax returns of UHNW individuals (personal, trust, privately held companies, family limited partnerships and foundations)
- Understanding of individual/entity income tax rules and ability to analyze individual/entity income tax returns
- Basic understanding of financial statements; including balance sheets, profit loss and cash flow
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required. Experience with eMoney highly desirable
We offer –
- Collaborative fun environment
- 401(k) with company match
- Individual and cash profit sharing bonuses
- Competitive company contribution to medical benefits
- Summer ‘Give Back to the Community’ outings
- Flexible work arrangements
- Continuing education assistance program
We are –
ASPIRIANT IS A leading independent wealth management firm.
We recognize, respect and value the contributions of each employee, and we strive to cultivate a work environment that strikes an agreeable balance between our professional and personal lives.
Our core values guide us to seek out a broad range of perspectives, talent, and backgrounds to achieve our mission; one where all staff contribute to and share our success. Aspiriant is committed to diversity, and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Applicants should go to www.aspiriant.com, select the ‘careers’ link in the footer and search for open positions in Los Angeles. From there attach a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Aspiriant is an Equal Opportunity Employer and follows the guidelines for any applicable Fair Chance Ordinances.
Aspiriant is a Registered Investment Adviser, subject to SEC regulation, and requires all employees (and at times, family members) to disclose securities holding and transactions. There are also restrictions on trading certain securities. Candidates are encouraged to request further information regarding these policies.