In support of a growing client base, our Mesirow Wealth Management is seeking Senior Wealth Advisors to lead professional wealth management teams. Our advisors provide investment and fiduciary services to individuals, families, corporations, and non-profit organizations. With over $6.1B in assets under management, we have earned a reputation for effectively managing our clients’ needs and goals. Wealth management has been Mesirow's flagship business for over 80 years, built around our trusted advisors who have an average tenure at the firm of over 20 years.
The Advisor will work with a team to develop and maintain strong client relationships, providing investment and wealth management solutions. The Advisor should be oriented in building their business with fee-based, discretionary managed portfolios. We are seeking multiple advisors to join our team covering Chicagoland from our downtown headquarters or suburban offices.
Mesirow Financial is an independent, employee-owned firm founded in 1937. As specialists in investment, risk management and advisory services, we are committed to helping our institutional, corporate, and individual clients achieve their objectives. We are proud of Mesirow’s culture of fostering team member engagement, entrepreneurship, and empowerment. Our positive culture, volunteerism, and opportunity for advancement makes Mesirow one of the few employers to be included in both Chicago Tribune’s Top Places to Work and Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago.
- Utilize network to build relationships, enhance Mesirow Wealth Advisor and personal brand, and build a pipeline of qualified leads
- Work with management and/or team to progress leads through pipeline with the goal to onboard them as new clients
- Analyze financial information obtained from clients to determine goals-based strategies for meeting clients’ financial objectives
- Implement investment recommendations appropriate for clients
- Implement financial planning recommendations with client portfolios
- Monitor financial market trends to ensure plans are effective and identify any necessary changes
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working with HNW clientele
- Established community presence in HNW network and pipeline
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic, positive “can-do” attitude, who is energized by the process of identifying prospective clients and closing new business
- Strong desire for business development; has HNW contacts and networking capability
- Managerial acumen and team building experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or similar
- Series 7 & Series 66 (or 63/65) licensed
- CFP® designation desirable
- Exceptional organization, research and time management skills; attention to detail.
- Strong professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective and timely management of project multitasking
- Access to a Client Service Manager (Sales Assistant)
- Access to a Wealth Specialist (Financial planning associate)
- Firm provides supervision, technology and compliance oversight
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, life, LTD, etc.