Mesirow is an independent, employee-owned firm founded in 1937. As specialists in investment, risk management and advisory services, we are committed to helping our institutional, corporate, and individual clients achieve their objectives. We are proud of Mesirow’s culture of fostering team member engagement, entrepreneurship, and empowerment. Our positive culture, volunteerism, and opportunity for advancement makes Mesirow one of the few employers to be included in both Chicago Tribune’s Top Places to Work and Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago.
Our advisors provide investment and fiduciary services to individuals, families, corporations, and non-profit organizations. With over $8B in assets under management, we have earned a reputation for effectively managing our clients’ needs and goals. Wealth Management has been Mesirow’s flagship business for over 80 years, built around our trusted advisors, with an average tenure of over 20 years.
We are seeking a highly motivated Client Operations Specialist to work out of our Highland Park office, serving as operational support for Mesirow’s Wealth Management Leadership Team.
This position requires baseline knowledge of broker dealer and RIA account operations, wealth management technology, and cross-functional engagement with various internal departments.
Support Wealth Management Division Leadership with the following:
- Assist in gathering, monitoring, and analyzing asset flows in and out of the firm
- Provide administrative support with respect to documentation, recordkeeping, and distribution of client communications regarding private and alternative investments
- Act as liaison to Mesirow’s information technology department with respect to various project implementations and technology enhancements
- Ensure efficiencies, working to improve operational procedures including resolution of issues identified in new account opening
- Communicate with supervisors regarding operational matters and regulatory inquiries
- Assist in ad hoc special projects as requested by Wealth Management Leadership
Support our highly motivated Financial Advisors and their High Net Worth Individual Clients by serving as a resource in assisting in the following:
- Client onboarding, including preparation of new account paperwork and client information-gathering
- Monitoring and renewal of Investment Policy Statements
- Account maintenance (registration/account profile changes), as needed
- Assist teams with general administrative functions, including maintaining information in CRM system, and preparation of paperwork such as letters of authorization and operational documents
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience preferred
- Experience working in an RIA firm or operations for a Securities Broker Dealer
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic, and positive “can-do” attitude
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses preferred, or a willingness to obtain upon hire
- Excellent proficiency in MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Wealthscape Investor and Black Diamond preferred
- Demonstrates an ability to learn new processes and technology platforms
- Takes direction well and demonstrates proactive follow through on assigned tasks
- Capable of prioritizing and managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, while retaining composure under pressure
- Ability to independently analyze, research and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a desire to foster relationships and collaborate across departments