Summary of Functions:
Join a highly motivated, dedicated group of people with a collaborative approach to work. Byline Bank is a fast-paced, growing organization where team members take pride in their work and enjoy the organization’s successes together.
Byline’s Wealth Management department is a highly experienced, boutique firm that specializes in advising high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals, families, companies and not-for-profits with their investment management, trust services, private banking, wealth planning and 401k services. Byline is looking for qualified candidates with an entrepreneurial disposition to professionally grow with the organization.
We are seeking a Client Service Associate to join our team to assist with the timely and effective administration of client portfolios and support new business efforts. This role will suit someone who is looking to develop their career within Wealth Management and is working towards, or willing to undertake, relevant professional qualifications, to ultimately grow their career into a senior level officer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Client Service Associate serves as both a trainee and resource for the Wealth Management Department Administration to learn, provide support and assist the Head of Wealth Management and Senior Wealth Management Officers with resolution on issues surrounding client activity, statements and asset related transactions, as well as acquiring the knowledge to eventually venture into a trust administration or business development role.
This varied role will provide the candidate with broad exposure to the functions within a Wealth Management department including account administration, portfolio management, wealth planning, trust and estate services, employee benefits, private banking, new product development and operations.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Providing day-to-day servicing of Wealth Management client accounts.
- Serving as liaison with clients and intermediaries.
- Preparing presentations for client meetings.
- Preparing account documentation opening documents and new account set-up.
- Supporting officers with day-to-day customer requests via emails and phone calls (wires, internal/external transfers, collection and completion of internal account documentation, researching transactional activity, preparing forms, clearing documentation exceptions, pipeline reports, etc.)
- Assisting with the preparation and implementation of wealth plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to adapt and learn new concepts quickly
- Works independently, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Must be diligent, sincere, and enthusiastic about the job
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.)
- Must have the ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Must be able to multi-task and handle large volumes of work; proven attention to accuracy and detail
- May be asked to acquire and maintain SEC licenses
- CFP® or CTFA designation or candidate
- Prior Wealth Management or financial services experience
- Foundational knowledge of investments, account reconciliations, demand deposit accounts and electronic fund transfers helpful
ADA or Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to read small print
- Normal office environment with a moderate noise level
- Required language(s): English
Working with Us:
As the largest community bank in Chicago with assets under $10 billion, we’re big enough to get you results, while small enough to know you by name.
Byline Wealth Management is a bank that services high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals, businesses, and non-for-profits. Byline Bank is dedicated to becoming the leading business banking institution in the Chicagoland area and strengthening its emerging national platform for business banking and wealth solutions.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with our Wealth Management team. Come talk to us and discover for yourself.