Since 1981, Babb Financial Group has been working with clients to help meet their financial goals. Our mission is to develop deep, meaningful relationships with individuals and families who need financial planning advice through a prudent, unbiased approach. The Advisor role is an integral part of our team-based approach and is primarily responsible for managing a group of client relationships and supporting other Financial & Senior advisors for delivery of the BFG Client Experience. This great communicator and enthusiastic person will support the vision, positive culture, and team spirit of our organization.
When meeting with clients, the Advisor will provide comprehensive technical financial planning and investment management work, either on their own, or in conjunction with other advisory team members when working collaboratively. Additionally, they will be expected play many roles when called upon and will work closely with the service team to ensure client satisfaction is at the highest level. The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Direct Client Engagement
- Manage and engage directly with a group of clients to best support their financial, investment, and risk outcomes.
- Maintaining client retention and elevating/enhancing relationships with clients. Supporting the Team Approach by communicating and meeting with clients assigned to other Advisors when needed.
- Communicate with clients, both verbally and in writing, regarding their needs, objectives, goals, and concerns.
- Provide prompt and professional responses to clients, prospective clients, outside business partners, and others outside of our organization.
- Provide guidance and expert advice on technical financial planning, investment planning, systems, or process-related topics to clients, management, co-workers, and client’s other professionals (attorneys, CPAs/tax planners, etc.).
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to solve client or operational problems, and being accountable for those decisions.
- Identify concerns, problems, or opportunities within client accounts or households.
- Utilize the ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide numbers quickly and correctly.
- Hold an in-depth understanding of the time value of money: present value, future value, annuity payments, internal rate of return, and compounding
- Complete entry, categorization, and verification of client data in the organizations’ client related software programs according to procedure.
- Obtain information from all relevant sources to ensure client accounts are up to date.
- Translate or explain information, and how it can be used by other professionals both within and outside of the organization.
- Utilize data to detect changes in circumstances or in the relationship.
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Prepare client onboarding requirements with financial planning software
- Execute securities trades effectively for withdrawals/rebalance/onboarding
- Foster an environment of inclusion and support
- Uphold our Values which apply to our relationships with our clients as well as each other (http://babbgroup.com/get-to-know-us/#ourvalues)
- Work collaboratively to solve problems and highlight unseen opportunities
- Think in a way that is client-centric and puts the needs of the client first
- Support Compliance to maintain an effective and robust investment advisory compliance program
- Perform other compliance related tasks and projects as assigned
- Adhere to all policies and procedures and act with a high level of integrity
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree with CFP® Certification
- Series 65 & Life/Health Insurance License
- 3-8 years direct advisory focus
- Proficient in core financial planning
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Proficient in financial planning analysis and modeling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrates personal integrity, honesty, and can deal with confidential information daily.
- Ability to deal with stress in an ever-changing investment and financial services market
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential problems.
- Ability to work in office required. Generally, 8-5 M-Th and 8-12 Friday. Flexibility outside those hours is required as well due to client circumstances but most meet within that window. Friday afternoon we do not schedule client meetings so firm has an opportunity to catch up or break early.
- Limited travel may be required for conferences/meetings.
- Owners mentality required and is expected from the advisory team.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Redtail CRM a plus
- Knowledge of Investment Advisory Regulations a plus
- $70,000 Full-time Salary
- Incentive compensation based on company revenue paid quarterly (eligible after 90 days). Currently, $2,000 a quarter or $8,000 a year based on previous quarters revenue. This fluctuates up or down depending on company overall revenue/performance.
- 401k: 3% non-discretionary contribution and profit share eligibility after 1 year
- Career Track established for advancement to Lead and Senior advisor role.
- Advancement within company encouraged.
- Opportunity for equity ownership for the right long-term partner
- CFP Annual Dues and CE expenses reimbursed
- Business travel expenses reimbursed for approved conferences, CE, and client meetings
- Ability to leave Friday afternoon if company work is completed
- Open PTO
- Company paid group life insurance and disability insurance (no group health insurance offered)
HOW TO APPLY
- Send an email with “Application for Financial Planner” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following requirements:
- Attach your resume In the body of the email, please tell us:
- What about Babb Financial Group interests you?
- What specialties/attributes do you possess that will help the company with our mission?
- The reason you are seeking employment in Flagstaff, or if you already reside here, the reasons you have decided to remain settled in Flagstaff, Arizona.
- Attach a 3-minute or less loom link (free video service) including some or all of the areas below:
- Tell us a bit about yourself.
- Tell us what you expect from your employment with us.
- Explain what being a team member means to you.
- Expand on any individual characteristics that make you a great fit for our company and culture.
We appreciate your interest in joining our firm!