MASON INVESTMENT ADVISORY SERVICES, INC.
Financial Planning Associate
Based in Reston, Virginia, we are a financial planning and investment advisory firm serving high net worth and Fortune 500 corporate sponsored financial planning clients, as well as foundations, endowments, and institutional clients nationwide.
We are seeking a motivated, well-organized, detail-oriented, and friendly candidate to join our team of financial planning associates. We are looking for a college graduate who is passionate about personal financial planning and interested in becoming an expert in the various areas of comprehensive planning: Income tax, Investments, Retirement Planning, Estate Planning Techniques, and Insurance.
The ideal candidate is highly proficient with financial planning concepts and formulas, enjoys researching financial planning topics, has excellent communication skills, and is able to juggle multiple deadlines. You should be willing to prepare tax returns during tax season. In return, we offer you a friendly, collaborative atmosphere of professionals with a wealth of knowledge and experience. No sales.
Specific responsibilities at Mason include:
- Work with senior financial advisors to write comprehensive customized financial plans for high-net-worth individuals and families using client data, internal proprietary data, and analyses.
- Prepare both Federal and State income tax returns, federal and state, and may include trust returns.
- Attend client meetings and assist with follow up communication and analysis as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as needed, such as estate plan diagrams and equity summaries as well as monitoring the companies associated with our clients.
Qualifications (necessary skills and experience required)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; major in financial planning, finance or accounting preferred.
- CFP, CPA, CIMA, or EA designation preferred, or have coursework complete.
- 2+ years of experience working in financial services. Work with high-net-worth individuals preferred.
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- FINRA Series 65 license or will pass the test within 6 months of hire.
- Experience with comprehensive financial planning software packages (eMoney, or Naviplan,) tax modeling software (BNA Income Tax Planner), and/or tax preparation software (CCH Access) a plus.
We offer excellent benefits including a competitive salary, medical/dental insurance, a 401(k) plan plus company match and a great work environment. Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. We are looking forward to finding the right person to join the Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc. team. This position is based in our Reston, VA headquarters.