Stordahl Capital Management seeks an entry-level Associate Advisor to join our firm in Denver, Colorado. This is a unique opportunity to immediately become an integral member of our advising team. Our Associate Advisors are client facing and work directly with the Lead Advisor and Senior Advisor on all matters pertaining to the firm's clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties generally represent the nature and level of work assigned:
- Prepare financial planning, asset allocation, and investment performance reports for client meetings
- Support the Lead and Senior Advisors in creating and assembling materials for client meetings
- Attend client meetings
- Assist in the execution of client recommendations
- Assist the Lead and Senior Advisors in evaluating client financial strategies and decisions by conducting financial analyses on a wide range of investment, tax, estate, and financial planning topics
- Perform research in investments, income tax planning, estate planning, employee benefits, the impact of recent regulations, and financial markets
- Manage workflow and prioritize projects
The Associate Advisor will gain experience in the financial planning process with the goal of moving into a Lead Advisor role. The Associate Advisor will immediately begin work in the following areas: investment strategies, financial modeling, asset allocation, cash flow strategies, tax planning, retirement planning, insurance strategies, estate planning, charitable giving, and financial and portfolio reporting.
Requirements, Experience, Education, Competencies, & Professional Skill
- Bachelor's degree in business or economics (preferred) with a strong academic record
- Working toward or willing to begin the CFP® certification process
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent PC skills with a high level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Willingness to take a life-centered approach to financial planning
- Ability to work independently and within strict deadlines while managing multiple priorities and open projects
- Caring and concerned nature
- Excellent listener
- Impeccable integrity, honesty, and professionalism
SCM offers a strong compensation package, a very robust 401(k) and profit-sharing plan, health insurance, and other related benefits.
Stordahl Capital Management, Inc is a Registered Investment Adviser. Advisory services are only offered to clients or prospective clients where Stordahl Capital Management, Inc and its representatives are properly licensed or exempt from licensure. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. Investing involves risk and possible loss of principal capital. No advice may be rendered by Stordahl Capital Management, Inc unless a client service agreement is in place.