We seek a Lead Advisor to join our firm in Denver, Colorado. This is a unique opportunity to immediately become an integral member of our advising team. Our Lead Advisors are client facing, are supported by an Associate Advisor, and work on all matters pertaining to the financial planning and investment management of the firm's clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties generally represent the nature and level of work assigned:
- Work with the Senior Advisor in developing and evaluating client financial planning strategies
- Manage existing client relationships and develop new ones
- Create financial plans and investment strategies for current and prospective clients
- Attend all client meetings
- Assist in executing client recommendations
- Mentor the Associate Advisor in their development as a future Lead Advisor
- Perform research in investments, income tax planning, estate planning, employee benefits, recent regulation, and financial markets
The Lead Advisor will gain experience and education and enhance their skill level in all areas of financial planning and investment management while working to become a Senior Advisor.
Requirements, Experience, Education, Competencies, & Professional Skill
- At least 3 years of Lead Advisor experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or economics (preferred) with a strong academic record
- CFP® designation
- Robust quantitative skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent PC skills with a high level of proficiency in Excel
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong background in tax planning preferred
- Ability to work independently and within strict deadlines while managing multiple priorities and open projects
- The ability to take a life-centered approach to financial planning
- Caring and concerned nature
- Excellent listener
SCM offers a strong compensation package, competitive salary commensurate with experience and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and a retirement plan with a 3% company match and robust profit sharing. Paid time off and a flexible work remote schedule.
Stordahl Capital Management, Inc is a Registered Investment Adviser. This brochure is solely for informational purposes. Advisory services are only offered to clients or prospective clients where Stordahl Capital Management, Inc and its representatives are properly licensed or exempt from licensure. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. Investing involves risk and possible loss of principal capital. No advice may be rendered by Stordahl Capital Management, Inc unless a client service agreement is in place.