Financial Planning Associate
A financial planning associate at Great Hill Advisory oversees the onboarding of new clients, ensures all current client information is up to date, schedules review meetings, assists with client specific requests, and provides firm wide and client specific reports. This role is vital to successful execution of the firms commitments to its clients in areas of financial planning and family office reporting.
High priority responsibilities for this job are:
Review and executing on daily alerts in our wealth management software
Onboarding new clients which includes:
- Building out clients financial management webpage and keeping all information fresh
- Gathering necessary documents through our secure server
- Set up and update client action items as we put the plan in place
Clearly communicating with clients on the next steps of their financial plan as directed by the firms financial planner.
Additional job responsibilities include:
Producing reports for client interactions, some of which include:
- Spending reports
- Net worth reports
Helping clients with various tasks including:
- Working with outside advisors on Insurance quotes
o Mortgage refinancing
o Estate administration
Making sure client digital records are up to date and organized
Doing annual risk tolerance questionnaires with clients
Assisting in running an annual financial literacy day
Opening new accounts and facilitating account transfers
Skills & Attitudes
• Currently enrolled or completion of Certified Financial Planner™ educational requirements preferred
• Clean regulatory record with no disclosures.
• Friendly, confident, sincere approach to interpersonal relationships with high emotional intelligence.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, email, scanning software, and other financial planning software
• Accuracy, reasonable speed, and attention to detail for record keeping and working with client data.
• Highest level of ethical responsibility and respect for client privacy.
• Desire and willingness to take on additional responsibilities for both personal development and firm growth.
• Availability for limited Saturday appointment times to accommodate client schedules.
• Desire and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Commitment to core values of best interest of the client, respect, competence, professionalism, accessibility, and work-life balance.
About Great Hill Advisory
Great Hill Advisory is a fee-only financial planning and SEC-registered investment advisory firm located in Port Washington, NY. Our mission is to provide objective, expert financial advice tailored to each client’s unique situation.
We have a fun, supportive work environment. And yet, it’s not easy. We work really hard to deliver an extremely high quality, consistent financial planning experience for each client. We served about 100 client households with a team of 4 people, so we have multiple deadlines and deliverables every single week.
We are a growing firm. We will continue providing highly personalized service while scaling our business model with efficient processes, smart use of technology, and extraordinary people.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.