Director of Financial Planning
Full Time, Employee
Maltin Wealth Management is an independent, fee-only Registered Investment Advisor located in Ridgewood, NJ. We provide customized wealth management and family office services to a high net worth clientele. We are true fiduciaries for about 150 families. The depth and quality of MWMs’ work have been consistent engines for the firm’s clients as well as the firm’s growth. We are client first and there is no selling in this position or at the firm. MWM is now seeking to add a Financial Planner and/or Wealth Advisor.
This is an opportunity to work with an amazing clientele, in a very hands on organization, along side the firm’s founder and client relationship manager. This role will incorporate building financial plans, implementing and organizing the recommendations from the planning, and preparing for client meetings. There will be a requirement to become a specialist for the firm in either tax or estate planning. There will be ongoing client and COI contact and as such requires exceptional personal planning and communication skills.
There are no set hours for this position. While most days will be traditional hours, our clients expect high quality work which requires additional time outside of these hours. With the expectation of quality work, we also look to empower our employees to find a good work/life balance. We want you to be active outside of your work and we encourage it. This lends us to a work hard, flexible, family environment.
Our office is remote. The majority of your days will be working virtually so there is no regular commute. We will have a day or two a month that we will socially get together and there will occasional be in-person client meetings. This is the reason we are looking for people who live within a reasonable driving distance to Ridgewood, NJ.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of our client’s goals.
- Analyzing complex financial pictures.
- Flexible problem solving skills.
- Advising on all aspects of financial planning including tax, trust & estate, insurance, liability, cash flow, and investments.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Well organized and the constant ability to meet or exceed deadlines. This will include short and long term projects.
- Ability and interest in constantly leaning and adapting.
- Effectively communicating the firm’s process and philosophy.
- Capable in working remotely while being accountable to clients and other employees.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Required to have a minimum of 5 years of client facing personal financial planning.
- A CFP® is preferable but not required.
- Experience with eMoney and Orion is a plus.
- Excel and writing proficiency.
- Strong knowledge of tax and/or estate planning.
The compensation package will range based on experience and includes:
Target Total Comp $120-140,000
Target Bonus $10,000+
Variety of retirement contributions from the firm - Profit share, 401k and match, and cash balance.
Healthcare, disability, and life insurance, are offered.
No commute, work remotely. Occasion in-person meetings.
Flexible paid time off.
Certification and continuing education reimbursement.
Please email a cover letter and resume