We are a financial planning firm built around the deep relationships we have with our nearly 200 clients. We do comprehensive financial planning, initially and ongoing, as well as asset management. But our clients know us best because of the support we give them when something happens in their life; changing jobs, buying a car, or if something happens to their loved ones. Our team has been together for years and we function as one unit, fully supporting each other and our clients cohesively. We believe our dynamic is the secret sauce because it’s seamless for clients. Where one team member has a gap, their partner fills in. It’s unique in many ways, even in the fact that we all sit side by side in one room together, when in the office. We know each other’s strengths and weaknesses, which helps us to define the person we need in this next hire.
We are currently seeking an experienced Financial Planner, with a strong background in planning and relationship management. After a 12-24 month estimated transition period, you will provide advisory services and support to a select group of clients through your typical review periods but, more importantly, through developing and eventually deepening those relationships. We present financial plans, investment recommendations and ensure that all tasks are handled for that client set as a team.
We need you to have enough experience in front of clients that you are comfortable and confident in almost any scenario. You are an extraordinary communicator and calm under pressure. You have a high degree of empathy and people trust you easily because you are genuine. You complement your people skills with an ability to track details and remember things, so nothing gets lost. You are personally organized, and you are patient and helpful to others that need support in this area. You want to be a master of your craft and you are the type of person that is always looking to better yourself.
- Leads, manages, and engages directly with a group of clients to best support their financial, investment, and risk outcomes; engages directly and is responsible for client retention and relationship.
- Proactively monitors clients’ financial situations with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strategic development of financial plans, including recommendations and solutions in the best interest of the client and ensuring those plans are executed.
- Communicates with clients by understanding the needs, objectives, goals, concerns and translates those into an actionable and disciplined plan.
- Client meeting preparation: preparation of meeting agendas, client paperwork, Investment Policy Statements, asset allocations as well as post-client meeting tasks such as client financial situation analyses, and coordinates planning implementation.
- Client service, including planning updates, portfolio changes and reviews, returns and new opportunity identification, in tandem with support team.
- Client asset management, including coordination of complete financial planning and wealth management (analysis, estate planning, tax strategies for assets under management, portfolio, and management).
- Collaborate with client’s other professionals i.e., attorney’s and CPA’s and any other external sources.
- Cross-sell firm services to deepen existing client relationships.
- Develops COI relationships to build business opportunities for referral relationships.
- Maintains accurate notes and records regarding client matters in the CRM.
- Attend client and prospect events.
- Create original educations content for monthly marketing webinars.
- Perform other duties and special project work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, accounting, finance, economics or psychology.
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning or investment management with demonstrated ability to develop and manage client relationships.
- CFP designation required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with various financial planning, CRM, portfolio management and document management software.
- Experience working with various custodial platforms (Schwab, Fidelity, etc.).
- A genuine interest in serving and caring for clients.
- Subject matter expert in financial planning and complex client cases.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, listening, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential problems.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to manage and prioritize tasks.