VP, Financial Planner/Wealth Advisor
Division: Asset Management
Department: Berkshire Wealth Management
Reports to: SVP, Wealth Management Administration
Assists in implementing and delivering a full range of services to clients, including financial planning and fiduciary services. Should also enjoy and thrive in a growth and mission-driven culture.
- Maintains existing client accounts by nurturing client relationships and educating on new services and products. Meets regularly with clients and provides input on long-term financial and estate planning matters.
- Represents Berkshire at conferences and seminars; creates content on financial planning; provides education externally on financial planning concepts; builds relationships with thought leaders and external partners to enhance the financial wellness of Berkshire clients
- Assists in identifying, developing, and responding to new business opportunities. Contributes to new business goals by developing new sales opportunities through a variety of different channels both internally and externally. Collaborates with colleagues throughout the bank to achieve a high level of broad client service.
- Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties.
- BA or equivalent degree
- CFP® designation or progress toward CFP® preferred
- 5+ years of Wealth Management experience managing high net worth client relationships with expertise in financial planning
- Strong fiduciary background
- Strong relationships with external partners including estate planning attorneys and accountants
- Demonstrated record of meeting new business goals
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong financial planning skills required
- Succession planning expertise preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Ability to handle large workloads efficiently; excellent time management skills
- Excellent writing & communication skills; ability to communicate complex information in terms clients will understand
- Ability and willingness to engage in public presentations in an educational capacity through in person and virtual channels
- Demonstrated ability to develop, present and implement financial plans with Bank clientele and prospects
- Ability to communicate investment concepts including performance reviews
- Ability to create a sense of trust and confidence quickly with new clients and to maintain both with existing clients
- Demonstrates a high level of Berkshire Bank’s Be FIRST leadership behaviors
Berkshire Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.