Internship candidates can expect a fulltime onsite internship program, running from June 5, 2023 to August 11, 2023. This internship opportunity is offered in Milwaukee, WI. Internship candidates who are relocating for the summer internship opportunity are eligible for round-trip airline/train travel and mileage reimbursement to and from your internship location and company-provided housing for the duration of the summer internship program in accordance with the company’s relocation policy.
Carefully selected from universities across the country, our interns bring distinctive ideas and perspectives to our organization. Our employees are passionate about building our emerging talent and future leaders. After application and initial screening conversation, interns are aligned interview and be hired to a specific team at NM based on their skillsets and interests, providing exposure to real-world business perspectives through hands-on learning and meaningful work. In addition to their day-to-day tasks, interns participate in professional development workshops, senior leadership Q&A's, volunteer initiatives, networking/social events, and more!
Northwestern Mutual CFP Internship
The CFP Intern is a junior member of a Northwestern Mutual home office team that provides financial planning services to NM advisors. Specific responsibilities include tasks such as investment paperwork and proposal preparation, entry of client information and financial data into NM’s proprietary planning software, and other various planning related activities. You will experience many facets of Northwestern Mutual’s financial planning, investment management, and retirement plan consulting business as well as work on developing financial plans and strategies and contribute to special projects. You will leave your internship with real world experience creating financial plans and using planning and investment software and tools that can be leveraged in your future career. Full time opportunities upon graduation and completion of the internship include roles such as Lead Advisor or Service Advisor on a Northwestern Mutual advisor team, as well as potential Home Office roles in financial planning services.
Tasks and Duties:
- Preparation of financial plans, portfolio administration, investment research and analysis, ready for endorsement by senior members of the financial planning team.
- Develop and utilize basic-intermediate Financial Planning skills and expertise.
- Conducting investment research, reporting and analysis.
- Assist with firm projects that may encompass firm operations, business development, wealth management, and investment management.
- Attend weekly financial advisor calls.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as suggested.
Job Requirements: •
- Starting senior year in college fall of 2023, in a CFP accredited program
- Interested in a career in the financial services industry
- Client first attitude and passion to serve others
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to handle a variety of duties and balance competing deadlines
- Professional demeanor, team player, excellent people skills
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in dealing with client information