Apella offers clients, employees, and advisors a unique experience by taking a team approach to offering the highest quality of service. As a result of Apella's growth, they are looking for an Associate Financial Advisor to join their team. This is a hybrid role from any one of their office locations in MA (Marblehead, Lenox) OR Providence, RI.
The Associate Financial Advisor is responsible for collaborating with the Financial Advisors to facilitate the overall growth and client service of the firm. The primary responsibilities of this role are creating an exceptional client experience through proactive customer service, in-depth financial planning, account monitoring and rebalancing recommendations and collaboration with other key stakeholders (CPAs, estate attorneys, etc.). The candidate must have critical thinking skills, a passion for client service and work well within a diverse team.
- Financial planning and investment experience.
- Empathy, integrity, and genuineness in all client interactions.
- Excellent and efficient written and oral communication.
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse team.
- Commitment to continuing financial industry education.
- High level of customer service and client education.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Collaborating with paraplanners and other staff to ensure an effective financial planning workflow including data collection, review and additional in-depth analysis.
- Works closely with client service specialist team member on account opening, document gathering and coordinate for timely execution.
- Attend client meetings for training, to assist with note taking and input meeting notes and other relevant data in the CRM with accuracy and clarity.
- Verify RMD preference for client and work to assure they are timely.
- Support financial advisors in serving client needs through preparation and presentation of comprehensive financial plans including tax planning, retirement analysis, estate-planning analysis, education-funding analysis, stock options analysis and risk management.
- Rebalance accounts, run reports, prepare trades, raise cash, and verify tax/distribution methods
- Help monitor cash balance and invest once the cash balance too high
- Assist with research for one off issues as workload allows
- Identify clients that require a semi-annual review
- Track and update cost basis information with help from advisor where necessary
- Cover for advisor when on vacation or sick
- Maintain database of client and prospects.
- 2 - 5 years industry experience preferred
- Willingness to continue education toward goal of becoming a Certified Financial Planner (CFP designation), Certified Financial Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree
Salary & Benefits Information:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits include 4% match of your gross salary into the company retirement plan. Full coverage of an excellent medical insurance plan. Short term disability, and life insurance after 90 days. Generous paid-time off.