Job Posting – Financial Planning Associate
Financial Planning Practice seeking detail-oriented problem solver to proactively manage all of the technical details behind helping our clients to reach their financial possibilities. In fact, if you can identify what the client needs before anyone else, that is the goal.
The Financial Planning Associate will be assigned to oversee a portion of our client base so they MUST take ownership to proactively find solutions for our clients. This person will be in charge of managing the details and nuance within the practice – of financial planning recommendations, client data, cash flow details, financial planning analysis, communication within the team, meeting notes, and action items. We are looking for someone who can spot the problem and solution without being asked. Someone who can not only input the data but understands the objectives behind the data.
Everybody always says, paying attention to detail is important, but more significant: does your manager need to follow up with you to see if you got all your responsibilities completed, or do you just slay it all without getting checked on? This quality is ESSENTIAL for this position. Our clients need someone who follows up before being asked. And can get into the details without losing track of the bigger picture. Someone who’s excited to make things easier for our clients while helping them to stay on track.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow your career while helping an already established financial planning practice flourish, please consider completing our application and sending your resume. We offer a competitive total compensation package with benefits.
Financial Planning Associate for a mission-driven financial planning practice. The Financial Planning Associate plays a crucial role in the smooth functioning of a fast-paced office. This individual will have an overall responsibility for proactive client meeting preparation and wrap up. Our culture is down-to-earth with a focus on quality and accountability, so the Financial Planning Associate must be able to work effectively with team members and clients.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Preps agenda, recommendations, and supporting materials for client meetings.
- Facilitates meeting wrap up, including documenting meeting notes, implementing action items, processing new business, and executing trades.
- Manages Financial Planning processes and preparation within the practice.
- Responsible for Cash Flow Assessment data entry and preparation.
- Works with Financial Advisor to identify recommendations for client meetings and e-mail check-ins.
- Prepares of reports, and materials for client meetings, both in-person and online.
- Responsible for obtaining, tracking, and analyzing client data.
- Efficient use of electronic client files utilizing Google Drive.
- Attends to client requests promptly and replies to client calls and emails within 24 business hours.
- Tracks and coordinates updates of information within Merino Wealth’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Communicates clearly with team members.
- Has a baseline understanding of financial planning advice.
- Develops and maintains written systems and processes.
- Must be able to be a quick learner and able to communicate when additional help or training is needed.
- Ability to anticipate outcomes.
- Can track personal ongoing and ad hoc tasks.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Takes a proactive approach towards servicing clients.
This is a small business, and with everything we do, we stay conscious of our own self-discipline, service orientation, and positive attitudes. We would hope that the person who joins our team also sees these values as important.
Although you will receive hands-on support, you’ll also need to maintain your own understanding and self-educate on the company systems and locate resources for new procedures and policies on an ongoing basis. At Merino Wealth we have a down-to-earth culture with a focus on independence and accountability.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations.
- Extraordinary client service orientation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and operate on tight deadlines.
- Proven competency using GSuite applications: Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Meet
- CFP® or interest in pursuing CFP® coursework
Technical experience a plus:
- Active Series 65/66 license
- Redtail CRM and Webmail
- Moneyguide Pro
- Schwab Advisor Center
- Morningstar Office
- Pulse 360