Prosperity Wealth Planning is a boutique financial planning practice that respects and cares about our team as much as we do our clients. We work with a variety of clients with a specific niche in planning for automotive professionals. With our core values of simplicity, transparency, and progress, we are driven to transform clients into members of our family, and ultimately, firm advocates through the successful use of client-centric fiduciary standards and values-based financial planning.
We are expanding! We are looking for candidates located in Southern California (working remotely) who are interested in becoming a future partner of the firm (assuming proven results). The Associate Financial Planner position will prepare financial plans and investment reviews and cover all aspects of financial planning, from the discovery process to implementation and ongoing support. Working directly with both prospective and current clients of the firm as a fiduciary is key. Responsibilities include:
- Prepare for and conduct ongoing client meetings; take notes and become familiar with client needs
- Create financial plans with custom analysis to support financial decisions
- Perform asset allocation proposals necessary for client portfolio reviews
- Meet with prospective clients to evaluate their needs and make recommendations
- Work alongside firm's Client Services Associate to assist clients with ongoing needs
- Perform ongoing research related to firm investment models
- Actively participate in events to promote current and prospective client awareness of the firm
- Work alongside Chief Compliance Officer in meeting firm regulatory requirements
- Support Lead Advisor/Principal by creating presentations and materials for business development efforts
- Some light travel required with clients primarily located primarily in Southern California and Texas
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of work experience in a professional environment
- Mastery of the financial planning process (CFP certificate program preferred, or in process)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (with impeccable grammar)
- Technologically savvy, with expert skills in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Detail-focused with highly organized work habits including excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Proficiency with financial technology tools (MoneyGuide®, Wealthbox®, Orion® or similar)
- Developing skills in all planning areas including financial planning, investments, budgeting, taxes, risk management and estate planning
Intelligence, efficiency, adaptability, accuracy, and a personal commitment to excellence are highly valued, along with a desire to maintain a positive work environment. High energy and the ability to work independently are important as well. As with all members of our team, applicants should have a natural commitment to and find satisfaction in seeing projects through to their optimal outcome. Because the financial services industry is highly regulated, all applicants must have high ethical standards, respect for client confidentiality, and the ability to pass an extensive background check.
Total compensation is made up of a base salary, production bonus, and a firm performance bonus. In addition, we offer employer-sponsored health insurance, a 401k retirement plan, and paid personal time. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. The position is currently virtual and is located in Southern California.