Plancorp is seeking a Diversity in Financial Planning Intern for summer 2023, to be located in our St. Louis office. Internships are one way we can make progress toward being a more inclusive industry. While there are many opportunities at Plancorp, we are specifically seeking candidates from under-represented communities for this paid internship.
Plancorp advocates for clients by proactively guiding them through all aspects of their financial lives. The firm provides comprehensive, holistic financial planning and investment advisory services for individuals, families, business owners, non-profit and institutional clients. We assist clients in articulating meaningful goals and attaining those goals through actions and strategies consistent with their specified values.
Financial Planning Interns are rising juniors or seniors who have the opportunity to learn about Plancorp’s business and see firsthand what it would be like to work in wealth management. This position requires critical thinking skills and curiosity, plus the abilities to work independently and remain flexible to changing priorities. In this role you will…
- Work Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm, for 10 weeks.
- Learn about various financial planning topics, processes and software.
- Gain exposure to portfolio management.
- Observe how we work with custodians, where our clients’ assets are held.
- Organize and facilitate financial literacy activities.
- Demonstrate your adaptability and teamwork skills.
- Experience and evaluate what it would be like to work with us full time.
What you bring:
- Progress toward B.A. or B.S. degree from accredited four-year university; social sciences or business majors preferred.
- Commitment to acting in the clients’ best interests in a fee-only financial planning environment.
- Respect for the confidentiality of client and corporate information.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive customer-focused attitude.
- Willing to live in St. Louis area for the summer. Some relocation assistance is provided.
Who We Are:
- Nationally recognized fee-only RIA firm
- St. Louis based; in business for 35+ years
- AUM approx. $5.5 billion
Why Work With Us?
You’ll have the opportunity to help change the face of the wealth management industry, while you learn from our team of experts. We do work that touches people’s lives, and have an employee-first culture. We also provide a catered lunch at the office every day. Successful interns are strongly considered for full time roles upon graduation. People from underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply. We look forward to meeting you!