About The Company and This Position
At WD Wealth Strategies, we are a unique comprehensive financial firm geared towards UHNW Individuals, Business Owners, and Family Offices. We specialize in developing proprietary financial strategies for the accumulation and preservation of our client’s wealth.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Wealth Strategist to join our team at WD Wealth Strategies. As a Wealth Strategist, you will be responsible for meeting with clients to discuss their financial goals and helping them develop comprehensive financial plans to achieve these goals. You will also be responsible for answering client emails and participating in internal meetings with your assistant to ensure that all tasks are completed efficiently.
In addition to meeting with clients, you will also be responsible for meeting with third parties to create financial plans and reviewing and improving prep work done by paraplanners. You will also be expected to co-plan with paraplanners when more complicated financial planning is needed. As a Wealth Strategist, you will be expected to stay up-to-date on our products, strategies, and industry research, and you may be required to obtain licensing as needed.
Your daily schedule will include approximately 4 hours of client meetings. You will also be required to answer client emails and participate in internal meetings with your assistant and other team members.
We are looking for someone who is able to work efficiently and effectively, with a strong focus on delivering exceptional service to our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn and grow within our company. If you are a driven and detail-oriented individual looking to make a meaningful impact in the financial industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We have developed a unique program designed to allow for an accelerated career growth path for individuals entering the financial services industry. In this program Wealth Strategists will play an important role by mentoring and teaching Paraplanner to be trained in The Duffy Method™ of financial planning for UHNW individuals, business owners, and family offices, with particular emphasis on cutting edge tax strategies, alternative investments, and insurance strategies.
- Conduct client and prospect meetings
- Supervise client onboarding processes
- Follow-up and follow through on action items from meetings and emails
- Annual financial plan review, updates, and portfolio review
- Run and distribute financial reports and projections
- Quarterback financial plan implementation
- Provide comprehensive financial planning, including but not limited to cash flow analysis, investments, retirements, insurance, tax, estate planning, investment planning, etc.
- Prepare and review pre-meeting briefs giving status updates on the various workflows being completed by all departments for a specific client
- Teach and mentors Paraplanners and Associate Advisors
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and advanced financial planning
- Experienced with CRM usage
- Strong attention to detail Dependable, reliable, and accountable
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Open to constructive criticism and able to learn from it
- Excellent memory and someone who takes excellent notes
- Insurance licensed
- Has one of the following and can obtain the remaining quickly: Series 7 Series 65 & 63 or Series 66
- Willing to become an Enrolled Agent
- Takes pleasure in other people's happiness
- W2 Employee, base salary $70,000 + commissions based on licensing and credentials Benefits include:
- 401(k) - Company contributes 5% with no contribution needed
- Performance based annual work trip to Puerto Rico
- Some travel for our annual weeklong trip to Puerto Rico - participation not required but highly encouraged
- Performance-based annual bonus PTO & some paid holidays
- Professional development opportunities Licensing & mandatory education costs are covered
- Full Time - 40 hours per week
- Hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MT with some flexibility
- Candidate must pass a background check and FBI fingerprinting per FINRA/SEC guidelines