Under limited supervision, manages IT projects; elicits and documents requirements from staff; works with partners to develop specifications; develops test plans and coordinates and conducts testing in conjunction with department staff; ensures the organization is optimizing its use of business applications; provides recommendations on system improvements to enhance staff efficiency; coordinates and conducts staff training on business applications; resolves business application tickets.
- Manages IT projects as assigned and ensures that projects are executed using organizational SLDC processes
- Assists departments in development of IT project requests including business rationale, as requested, and evaluates project requests for business impact, complexity, and risk
- Elicits requirements from staff using industry standard techniques, including interviews, document review, business flow analysis, use cases/user stories, and flowcharts
- Assists development partners with the creation of project specifications, and reviews project specifications for technical and functional accuracy
- Assists business users with development of test plans for IT projects, conducts IT testing, and coordinates and facilitates user acceptance testing
- Works with departments and external partners to investigate and resolve issues with the AMS or integration with other SAAS systems including software bugs, exception handling, user error, automated process failures, and others as required
- Provides consultative analysis services to business units for process reviews; identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and actively promotes business change
- Assists in development and update of standard curricula for staff training on AMS modules, and delivers training on AMS as required by staffing changes
- Guides and assists staff in changes to and testing of configuration to ensure accurate configuration of AMS
- Performs database extracts and queries of moderate complexity as required for business process analyses, metrics, and selection of test records
- BA/BS required. Major in Information Technology, or other degree emphasizing business analysis preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business analysis, eliciting and documenting requirements, modeling business processes, and developing requirement specifications is required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in documenting IT test plans and performing IT testing preferred
- Experience with Association Management System (AMS) (netFORUM preferred) and/or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) (Salesforce preferred)
- Excellent critical thinking, with a proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including strong presentation skills
- Promotes collaboration and communication within project teams, to include business users and technical partners
- Ability to respond to shifting resources demands, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently attends to details by demonstrating concern for thoroughness and accuracy
- Proven time management skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities
This position is based in the Washington D.C. office and works a hybrid schedule which could be changed at any time.
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (“CFP Board”) - headquartered in Washington, D.C.-is the certifying body for financial planning professionals. It is a non-profit organization that fosters professional standards in personal financial planning through its setting and enforcement of the education, examination, experience, ethics, and other requirements for the CFP certification.