General Function: Under limited supervision, responsible for CFP Board’s relations with firms, primarily focused on the growth of CFP® professionals in all channels and aligned with strategic initiatives and organizational goals.
- Partners with Managing Director, Corporate Relations to increase financial service firm preference for and investment in CFP® certification as well as CFP Board Registered Program education (training) around financial planning competency and ethics
- Creates business development plans, strategies, segmentation, procedures, and metrics for developing broader and deeper relationships with financial service firms
- Serves as primary contact for key leadership in financial service firms; initiates and grows the number and quality of firm relationships
- Collaborates with CFP Board staff to develop research, collateral and programs that help increase awareness, preference, and CFP® professional growth among firms
- Promotes and delivers webinars and in-person conference session presentations to drive more CFP® certificant growth
- Supports needs of firms, enlists support of CFP Board staff, as necessary, for productive partnerships and relations with firms
- Identifies theme, plans, develops program content agenda and speakers/presenters, and implements an annual firm meeting and the Financial Advice Working group that attracts and increases attendance from financial services firms aligned with annual goals
- Develops content for white papers or articles
- Develops and manages business development budget ensuring accurate tracking, projections, and alignment with organizational budgeting goals.
- Provides strategic input to organization to further mission and achieve goals
- Collaborates with other areas of CFP Board on special projects, IT requests, working groups or ad hoc assistance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or related field
- CFP® professional in good standing, with 6+ years relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain quality relationships and collaborate with senior-level stakeholders (internal and external) and strategic partners
- Knowledge of industry channels and business models preferred
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to ‘manage by influence’
- Ability to use data to build consensus, get strategic partners on board, and to show results
- Budget management experience
- Exemplary verbal, presentation, and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with precision and effectiveness across all levels and functions
- Excellent implementation skills including the ability to set and achieve goals, prioritize, and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically, tactically, and creatively
- Proven experience developing and implementing marketing and sales plans, strategies, procedures, and measurement systems
- Successful record of understanding sensitivities to organizational structures and politics and identifying anchors and brackets within firm personnel
- Strong sense of the organization’s mission and position in financial services marketplace
- Ability to take personal responsibility and ownership for delivering on organizational commitments.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, ability to multi-task, work collaboratively across the organization, and meet critical deadlines
- Models high ethical standards and demonstrates an appropriate executive presence which instills confidence
- Ability to travel (estimated 30%-40%). Because of the amount of travel required, this position is eligible to be fully remote
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (“CFP Board”) - headquartered in Washington, D.C.-is the certifying body for financial planning professionals. It is a non-profit organization that fosters professional standards in personal financial planning through its setting and enforcement of the education, examination, experience, ethics, and other requirements for the CFP certification.