Director, Corporate Relations
- CFP Board
- Washington D.C.
- Based on experience
- Closing date
- Feb 4, 2023
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 5 to 9 years
- CFP® Certification
General Function: Under limited supervision, responsible for CFP Board’s relations with firms, primarily focused on the growth of CFP® professionals in all channels and aligned with strategic initiatives and organizational goals.
- Partners with Managing Director, Corporate Relations to increase financial service firm preference for and investment in CFP® certification as well as CFP Board Registered Program education (training) around financial planning competency and ethics
- Creates business development plans, strategies, segmentation, procedures, and metrics for developing broader and deeper relationships with financial service firms
- Serves as primary contact for key leadership in financial service firms; initiates and grows the number and quality of firm relationships
- Collaborates with CFP Board staff to develop research, collateral and programs that help increase awareness, preference, and CFP® professional growth among firms
- Promotes and delivers webinars and in-person conference session presentations to drive more CFP® certificant growth
- Supports needs of firms, enlists support of CFP Board staff, as necessary, for productive partnerships and relations with firms
- Identifies theme, plans, develops program content agenda and speakers/presenters, and implements an annual firm meeting and the Financial Advice Working group that attracts and increases attendance from financial services firms aligned with annual goals
- Develops content for white papers or articles
- Develops and manages business development budget ensuring accurate tracking, projections, and alignment with organizational budgeting goals.
- Provides strategic input to organization to further mission and achieve goals
- Collaborates with other areas of CFP Board on special projects, IT requests, working groups or ad hoc assistance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or related field
- CFP® professional in good standing, with 6+ years relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain quality relationships and collaborate with senior-level stakeholders (internal and external) and strategic partners
- Knowledge of industry channels and business models preferred
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to ‘manage by influence’
- Ability to use data to build consensus, get strategic partners on board, and to show results
- Budget management experience
- Exemplary verbal, presentation, and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with precision and effectiveness across all levels and functions
- Excellent implementation skills including the ability to set and achieve goals, prioritize, and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically, tactically, and creatively
- Proven experience developing and implementing marketing and sales plans, strategies, procedures, and measurement systems
- Successful record of understanding sensitivities to organizational structures and politics and identifying anchors and brackets within firm personnel
- Strong sense of the organization’s mission and position in financial services marketplace
- Ability to take personal responsibility and ownership for delivering on organizational commitments.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, ability to multi-task, work collaboratively across the organization, and meet critical deadlines
- Models high ethical standards and demonstrates an appropriate executive presence which instills confidence
- Ability to travel (estimated 30%-40%). Because of the amount of travel required, this position is eligible to be fully remote
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (“CFP Board”) - headquartered in Washington, D.C.-is the certifying body for financial planning professionals. It is a non-profit organization that fosters professional standards in personal financial planning through its setting and enforcement of the education, examination, experience, ethics, and other requirements for the CFP certification.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) is a non-profit organization that serves the public by fostering professional standards in personal financial planning. We set and enforce the requirements for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification — to uphold standards of competency and ethics for financial planners who are committed to CFP Board to putting their clients' best interests first.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert