Uses database tools and scripting to develop metrics and reports; analyzes reports and trends to provide actionable insight to staff; works with partners to develop specifications; develops test plans and coordinates and conducts testing in conjunction with department staff; ensures the organization is optimizing its use of business applications; provides recommendations on system improvements to enhance staff efficiency; resolves business application tickets.
- Writes T-SQL queries, functions, and stored procedures to extract data, generate reports and support project deliverables
- Builds and deploys data visualizations including SSRS and Tableau reports
- Performs data trend analyses to provide insights to business owners
- Elicits requirements from staff using industry standard techniques, including interviews, document review, business flow analysis, use cases/user stories, and flowcharts
- Assists development partners with the creation of project specifications, and reviews project specifications for technical and functional accuracy
- Assists business users with development of test plans for IT projects, conducts IT testing, and coordinates and facilitates user acceptance testing
- Works with departments and external partners to investigate and resolve issues with the AMS or integration with other SAAS systems including software bugs, exception handling, user error, automated process failures, and others as required
- Administers, maintains, and monitors organizational databases
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and actively promotes business change; presents solution recommendations to business units for their approval
- Performs minor configuration of AMS, and assists staff in changes to and testing of AMS configuration
- BA/BS required. Major in Information Technology, mathematics, statistics, accounting, or other degree emphasizing business analysis preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server to include logical data modeling and command of T-SQL preferred, Microsoft certification preferred
- Experience developing and deploying SSRS reports
- Experience developing and deploying Tableau visualizations
- Experience with Association Management System (AMS) (netFORUM preferred) and/or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) (Salesforce preferred)
- Excellent critical thinking, with a proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to be flexible, set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
This position is based in the Washington D.C. office and works a hybrid schedule which could be changed at any time.
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (“CFP Board”) - headquartered in Washington, D.C.-is the certifying body for financial planning professionals. It is a non-profit organization that fosters professional standards in personal financial planning through its setting and enforcement of the education, examination, experience, ethics, and other requirements for the CFP certification.