Mercer Advisors is a comprehensive wealth management firm serving individuals, families, endowments, and foundations. As one of the few firms who can deliver on a full-suite of wealth management capabilities, Mercer Advisors helps our clients with customized financial planning, investment management, proactive tax planning and preparation, retirement planning, estate planning, and corporate trustee services. Our staff of over 800 employees includes advisor teams across ~80 offices who collaborate with specialists including investment strategists, estate lawyers, CPAs, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, to deliver an integrated standard of financial care for our clients.
The Financial Planner assists the Branch Manager in reviewing, analyzing and delivering financial planning modules to clients. Working with the Branch Manager, Client Advisors, Associate Planners, Client Associates and Regional Vice Presidents, the Financial Planner is an integral member of the branch client service team.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Providing advanced planning support to Client Advisor and Branch Manager in the areas of investments, tax, pension, estate, insurance and general financial planning
- Supporting in servicing clients by preparing for meetings, developing presentation materials and providing reviews and ad hoc reporting
- Managing the financial planning workflow to support the Client Advisor and Branch Manager’s commitments to clients and meet post client meeting delivery deadlines
- Establishing and developing strong relationships with clients and participating in client meetings with Client Advisor and Branch Manager
- Dispensing financial planning advice in both supervised and unsupervised environments
- Delivering financial planning support that results in increased referrals and high client retention
- Acting as a trusted advisor through preparation and delivery of advice to clients within the context of the Financial Planner’s knowledge and training
- Collaborating with other team members and departments including Investments and Family Wealth Services (FWS)
- Providing support and training to Client Associates and Associate Planners
- Ensuring adherence to company standards of client care, meetings, referrals and retention
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (preferably Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance related)
- Two to four years of client facing job related experience
- Must have completed educational requirements toward a CFP (Certified Financial Planner) designation.
- Has achieved foundational knowledge of job skills as a Client Service Specialist
- Excellent Client Focus
- Continually seeks to enhance job knowledge
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; experience with Salesforce and financial planning software preferred
- Technical and analytical training and experience in financial planning
- Demonstrated flexibility, versatility and ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver to tight deadlines in a team environment
- Ability to work without close supervision managing and prioritizing deliverables
- Must be highly flexible and confidential with all matters
- Ability to travel up to 20% as required for local client meetings and/or nationally for educational trainings and seminars
- Internal candidates will have successfully completed internal LMS, MAP training curriculum; External candidates will focus on all models of MAP training to provide a solid understanding of internal processes and resources as a Wealth Management Team member
Monday through Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Professional office environment, daytime hours, working inside, standing, and sitting, will be assigned to a work station, no heavy lifting over 10 lbs.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, education, and skills. Average annual salary range for this position across our locations is: $65,000 to $110,000.
Mercer Advisors offers a competitive and robust benefit package to our employees. Our benefit programs are focused on meeting all of our employees and their eligible dependents health and welfare needs. We offer the following:
- Company Paid Basic Life & AD&D Insurance is up to 2x your total compensation up to a maximum of $375,000
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D; Short-Term Disability; Accident; Critical Illness; and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Three medical plans offerings including two High Deductible Health Plans and a Traditional Co-Pay medical plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contributions on a per pay period basis if enrolled in either HDHP medical plan
- Two comprehensive Dental Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dependent Care Savings Account for child and dependent care
- 14 Company Paid Holidays with a full week off at Thanksgiving
- Paid Time Off programs – accrued vacation of 15 days (3 weeks) and accrued sick of 10 days (2 weeks) per service year
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Family Medical Leave
- Paid Parental Leave (6 weeks)
- Maternity benefits utilizing company paid STD, any supplemental STD, plus Parental Leave (6 weeks) to provide time for recovery, baby bonding, and enjoying your family time
- Adoption Assistance Reimbursement Program
- Company Paid Concierge Services for you and your loved ones for the spectrum of caring needs for your aging parents, young children, life’s challenges and more
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with both Traditional and Roth plans with per pay period match
- Pet Insurance
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting.
Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by law in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment and employee relations, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.